Pages

Sunday, 25 March 2012

Happy Sunday,

Today we have been chilling after a busy Saturday. Callum and I spent Saturday with our neighbours building veg boxes for our community allotment. We had teams measuring, sawing and treating wood plus others starting to drill the holes so we could assemble the boxes. Others took photos and supplied the workers with refreshments but we all did a lot of chatting and getting to know new friends. Lots of wood was measured and cut but we only got 1 box built.........18 to go! So during the day this week I will be helping a neighbour measure the wood so next Saturday we can continue the task. It might get done in time for Winter!!!

So today we are having a well deserved rest. Callum is producing his music and I have been doing some crafting.

I made a card today that I think will be for my Aunt. Her Birthday is not for a month but after making it I thought it would be just right for her-the colours and the flowers:


I love these colours and they are this week's colour combo challenge at The Play Date Cafe Blog

Also I was inspired by the lay out, flowers and the purple used in  Laura Bassen's card at the Case Study challenge this week.

I will also be entering this into the twine challenge at annabelle stamps. You know I love to use my bakers twine! Here is their Challenge banner and I just wanted to share it with you as I love that purple reel of twine.......off to check the store out now!! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday x

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card for Anne. I'm sure she will absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous! Such a great CAS design and the embossing adds such wonderful texture! Gotta say that purple (Fuchsia) twine is one my faves, it's the I used in my DT card this week!
    Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card!!!! LOVE the colours and your placement of your twine and I'm sooooooo in love with your gorgeous flower, love it!
    Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I love how you've done the layered flower, it's really pretty. Thanks for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to frame your sentiment, Sandie... with twine! LOVE! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning rich colours! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love that you framed your sentiment with the twine!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a happy card. Thanks for playing at AnnaBElle's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the wonderful colors you have going on here! What a great CAS card! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

//