Pages

Friday, 2 March 2012

Sweet Friend

Just popping in share a card I made for a friend I have not seen to for a while. I was going to call her but decided I wanted to spend some time making a card for her.

I started making cards as my health has not been good for a while now and I needed something to keep me busy and my mind occupied. I tried making cards and found I just loved it. I don't get to see my friends and family as much as I would like because of my health so it is great that I can now make them a card to let them know that they are not far from my thoughts.

I saw the card by Laura Bassen on casestudy this week and was inspired by the hearts that look like butterflies, the colours Laura used and the white space. Almost immediately I knew what card I wanted to make. And I loved making this card-the simple CAS style, the mixture of stamping the butterflies and die cuts, the gorgeous fabric ribbon and a bit of bling!
The colour combo I saw earlier in the week on colour throwdown so it fitted perfectly for this card.
I will also enter it into the 'things with wings' challenge at do you stack up


The butterfly stamp and sentiment stamp are both from Wild Rose Studio and the ink is bamboo leaves from memento.

Enjoy your Friday night x

10 comments:

  1. So cute...I hope you'll link up again at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!!! I think that the butterflies are perfect, and the layout is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously elegant Sandie.

    Have a great weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sandie. I hope you have a wonderful time at Romeo and Juliet this morning. West Side Story was wonderful. So nice to get out for a good dinner with friends and a show and not feel rushed!

    Off to get in the shower...Ryan has already left for his show choir competition and we all need to get moving to go cheer him on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just lovely and I totally can see your inspiration :) I'm so glad you found a love in card making...I feel the same way :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those beautiful butterflies! Thanks so much for playing along at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful design...simple yet sooo elegant!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdoen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous butterflies. Love the colors too. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete

//