Pages

Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Love and Marriage

I have just been making this card for Case Study Challenge expecting to post it tomorrow however I have just realised that the deadline is midnight tonight!

The challenge was the case the card by Laura Bassen. I loved the negative die use in this card and the bold and CAS style. I have been thinking of how to use these ideas all week. Finally I decided to use my heart die cuts and to make a Wedding card for one of my dearest friends, Phaedra, who gets married on 29th April. Pheds and her hubby to be, Andrew, came all the way to Santorini for our Wedding. I wanted to make a card I knew she would love. She is very stylish and non fussy but likes a bit of glitter.....so this card is made with love and with her in mind.


I die cut a large glitter heart, then cut out a small die cut from this heart to give me this shimmery outline heart. I used foam pads to give it some depth and then embossed the lilac card before die cutting a smaller card and stuck this in the centre. I decided to use cream on cream as I felt this was kinda classy for my stylish friend. I got the idea of embossing and die cutting from Aimes (check out her blog-she is a great inspiration)

I will also be entering this into the following challenges:
Dream Valley-love and marriage
The Hybrid Chick -use negative space from a die

Enjoy your evening x

8 comments:

  1. Hey Sandie! Thanks so much for not only joining us on CASE Study but for linking me up to your post too! I love your take on embossing and die cutting on this - pink and cream make for a scrummy combo :)
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie, I love all the texture on this card. It's fabulous. And the glitter...love it. I'm sure your friend will really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely clean and simple card. Thanks for joining us on the card caravan at the Hybrid Chick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card that your friends will love and appreciate. Thank you for joining our Wedding / Love theme at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that purple! I hope you'll join me again at 52 Card Pickup this week.

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-14-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love all the texture. Thank you for joining us at The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan.

    Happy Crafting!
    Jen (JLJ Designs)
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet card! Thanks for joining us at The Hybrid Chick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card! Simple but stunning :-) Thank you for joining our wedding/love challenge at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

//