Pages

Friday, 13 April 2012

Vintage Friday

Happy Friday.......the weekend and cocktail hour are fast approaching!!

Today I decided to enter the Case Study Challenge when I saw the 'case' card below by Laurie Schmidlin's




What a gorgeous card-heh??

I was inspired by the vintage look of the card, especially the dress stand in the background and the vintage paper surrounding her sentiment. And here is my 'case' of this card:


This card is going to be for my niece Hannah. Her Birthday is not until the end of May but I think this is perfect for her-she has a dress stand like this in her room.

The lay out is taken from ribbon carousel's sketch challenge this week (although just realised I missed the deadline!!) I will also enter it into the vintage challenges at moving along with the times and Rainbow Lady -who are celebrating their 200th challenge!! And the challenge for April at Craft Pad


Enjoy a well deserved Friday night tipple and a relaxing weekend x

The image in the card is from Craft Pad designs and the vintage paper from mygrafico (a freebie!)
and the sentiment from 'Hero Arts'

15 comments:

  1. Tres Chic with the black and white combo, Sandie!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study!:)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I hope you'll link up again at 52 Card Pickup this week...http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love your cased card, the black and white is oh so shabby chic. The dress form is a lovely image. Thanks for joining us this week at Moving Along With The Times.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah will adore this! So feminine and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! I had to come have a peak at this and I like your case better lol. Thought I might mention too, as you have used a Crafty Pad Image, you could enter this into The Crafty Pad April TCP showcase challenge (it is anything goes with a TCP image) the link is here http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/april-anything-goes-with-crafty-pad.html

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Moving along With the times too :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, super glam! I like the black and white combo, and perfect image choice :-) Thank you for joining Anything Goes With A Crafty Pad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress stand and very elegant in the black and white combo. Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb card, Sandie. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous, luv the B&W...have a great day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Simply Stunning! I love that DP too!
    Thanks for playing in the Anything Goes With a Crafty Pad Image Monthly Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh really gorgeous card Sandie - love the black and white. :)
    Your niece will love it. )

    Thanks for sharing with us at our Monthly Challenge at The Crafty Pad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the vintage feel of this! Your niece is sure to love it :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study this week...are you addicted to this challenge yet? LOL Lynn is very excited about her visit...I hope you'll post some photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, I so love the dress image and the B/W is perfect.
    Thanks for joining MAWTT this week.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely! I'm loving the vintage feel to your project. Great job with the CASE! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :) - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this card - one of my favourite designs is always monochromatic! thank you for joining in the April showcase at the crafty pad x

    ReplyDelete

//