Pages

Saturday, 26 May 2012

Magic Mothers

Hello again,

Just back from sunny Cyprus. 2 weeks of real chill time, a chance to re-charge the batteries.

Just a quick photo of hubby and me enjoying the sun before I move onto my card for today:


To be honest I thought I would come home full of crafting inspiration after 2 weeks but somehow my mojo decided to go MIA on my return!

I have had a sentiment for a whole from Create with TLC that I have been keeping for my Mum's Birthday next Thursday but I was so keen to make a gorgeous card for her that I think I got 'crafter's block'.

However I have had a few nudges from some of my favourite sites over the last few days.....Case Study's card this week started the nudge as Agnieszka's card was a card for Mothers day. I think I saw this as a sign to get going with this card. And I checked out Retro Sketches challenge this week and loved the sketch......so inspiration finally back and here is what I came up with:




I have embossed the cream background card and sentiment card with the woodgrain papertreyink impression plate and decided to add some bright pink ribbon and gems for contrast. And just curved the bottom edges of the card as I do love this look.

I love this sentiment and think it says it all about Mums and naturally I believe it is more than true for my very special and much loved Mum. Hope she likes it.

And hopefully I will get back into doing some more cards this week...........so see you then x

6 comments:

  1. Sandie, This is the perfect sentiment for your mum...I love your take on the sketch. Truly fabulous in particular the twine and the sweet little gems. Please give your mum a big birthday hug from us next weekend!

    I love the picture of you and Callum...so gorgeous! We just came back from the pool so it is nice and warm here, but we definitely don't have the views like Cyprus :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card - great colours and wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sentiment Sandie! Love the simplicity of this card!!! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop of pink! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Sandie, that sentiment is so so true!

    ReplyDelete

//