Pages

Sunday, 22 July 2012

Cas-ual Case Study Challenges

Happy Sunny Sunday..............yes that is right, here in London the rain has stopped and we have a gorgeous sunny day. A day for walking with friends, sitting and snoozing on the terrace, picking your own grown salad for tea, doing some crafting (whilst hubby creates his music-his creative hobby) and naturally a BBQ with a glass or two of G & T......yep that is how I have spent my Sunday. Hope you have been having a good time.

Today my card is for the challenges at both Cas-Ual Fridays and Case Study. Cas-ual Friday was to make a CAS card using a black base card and Case Study, who are celebrating their 100th challenge, was to case Kristii's card below:



I was struck by the gingham ribbon and used this as the inspiration. Plus today I saw Virginia's final post about stretching your stamps and loved how she gave us lots of ideas of how to use the little extra stamps that come with the main sets. I have used quite a few in my card and am just a little bit pleased with myself!! This card was such fun to do and I finally got to use my 'retro disco ball' stamp from Craft Meow. This is going to a guy who hits the big 40 this year.



And one of our fellow crafting bloggers Asha always decorates the centre of her cards and I am amazed at how she has the patience to do this on every card-so here is to you Asha....you inspired me to craft the centre of the card:


Enjoy what is left of Sunday xx

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Sandie, you really put the little stamps into GREAT use! I love how you used the retro disco ball stamp!This 40th birthday card is perfect for a guy for sure! I see many possibilities with this stamp, too! It makes me happy that my post inspired you somehow! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work! Sending hugs from across the pond from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie, this is fabulous! Love that you decorated the inside of the card...I rarely do this and you show me why I should. So gorgeous and perfect for a 40th birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so pretty.. I really love your pop of color :) hgus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sandie. Most of my friends say I'm bonkers to even bother with the inside! Truth be told, am scrrrd of white spaces. Gotta fill 'em up! Now you know why I struggle with CAS! I admire how you do it with such ease... like this fab birthday card. So striking. I would have stitched and die-cut it to bits! Looking forward to more of your CAS stuff, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks stunning on black! Love how you are incorporating new ideas! Way to go! Thanks for playing with us again at CASE Study...I loved your Sunday agenda! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I'm diggin' your retro take on Kristii's card, Sandie!
    Thanks for studying with us this week on CASE Study! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look both Inside and Out!! The color is what I see first and then I look at how you used it to make your statment.... Love the whole look!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun layered stamping! The color combo is so striking, and the inside looks great, too. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the challenge and how you stretched your stamps!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to see TCM stamps on your gorgeous entry! Thank you for playing along with the CASE Study gals this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandie - I love the way you combined all those stamps! Great job! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

//