Pages

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Case Study #98

Over on Case Study there is a new muse and this month it is the super talented Kristii, check out her blog here.
Her case card this week is this baby card:




I was inspired by the faint circle background and the bunch of stemmy flowers around the fence. I had no idea how to do a faint circle background but after a bit of trial and error worked out a way and this is what I came up with:


Looking at this card I see that it really looks like a sun so I could replace the flowers with palm trees for another twist on this card.

However flowers are more relevant as this is for one of my friends, Devika, who is helping me set up a gardening club. I have only recently met her but she is great fun and we are getting on really well (you are never too old to meet new friends!) I wanted to make her a little card as she has a very important presentation on Monday and is very nervous. I wanted tolet her know that I will be routing for her!
Devika is a Tennis freak so is joining Callum and I on the sofa tomorrow to watch the mens' final at Wimbledon......we will all be cheering for Andy Murray, eating strawberries and drinking champagne............not a bad way to spend Sunday afternoon (especially as here in London it is going to be a wet, rainy day!)

So what are you up to on Sunday?........and if it is basking in the sun please keep it to yourself!!

5 comments:

  1. On Sunday...Wimbledon in the AM and Ryan's baseball game at 1:30. We are sitting in the sun, but I wouldn't say basking...more like dripping :)

    Your card is stunning...I love the way you masked the circle...reminds me of a beautiful sunrise. I have a circle die that I use...I cut it out with thin printer paper and then ink it in the middle. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on this - the outline flowers in that gorgeous colour! Stunning CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful... the sun, the flowers, they work well together. Hope you had a grand Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique on your card! It's so summery. I love it! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study Challenge! I hope to see you again on the next challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

//