Pages

Thursday, 23 August 2012

Case Study #105



Nearly there, the weekend approaches and here in England we are all looking forward to 3 days of play time. 3 days for me to catch up on some inky and chill out time. Think we will be steering clear of the Nottinghill Carnival madness but are likely to pop on the bus into the city and see what celebrations are going on for the Para Olympics.

Today my card is for this week's challenge at Case Study. This week we got to case a card on one of the players-what a cool idea! So I flicked through some old challenges and just picked a card that I liked immediately (no thinking, just look, like and go!!). The card that took my fancy was a creation by Wanda that you can see here on her blog and also at the bottom of this post. I liked the way she had combined the grungy circles with traditional flowers and thought what a funky combo, lets give it a go. And here is my version:


I got to play with my new PTI stamps and dies and combined the grunge set with the traditional flowers following Wanda's idea. And instead of a banner I tried out this background stamp that my cousin Lynn gave me as a gift form America (she thought I might like it and yes she was right-so thank you Lynn!).
I don't have the mist spray so this is where the grunge stamp set from PTI came in useful, I tried to make the mist look using the whole and part of the stamp. I was like a kid, ink, paper, stamps, buttons, all over the place but all worries vanished whilst I played with new toys......yippee I got some quality craft time in at last!!
I am also entering this into the 'leaves' challenge over on fab n funky
Hope to do some more over the weekend and hope you all are planning a great weekend-one more day to go so hang on in there my crafting friends x

And a thank you to Wanda for this inspiration-great card:

8 comments:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous card Sandie and I'm so glad that you were able to play along with your new goodies...hope the application is almost complete!

    PS The check stamp was from one of The Craft's Meow sets that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sandie! I'm so honored that you chose one of my cards to CASE! I love your interpretation! Have a fabulous long weekend (I'm looking forward to 3 days off work myself - yay!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sandie, I love the design and the colours are beautiful
    Thank you for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sandie, lovely design and colours....Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a FUN CASE!! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful CASE! The colors are wonderful! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the splatters draw the eye to the flower! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete

//