Pages

Friday, 4 January 2013

Where does inspiration come from?

Happy Friday Eve,

The last few days I have been browsing many different blogs, some that I have followed for a while and some new ones that I feel privileged to discover. This is mainly due to the fact that I am now on the DT's for Inkspirational and CAS-Colour and Sketches. Looking through entries I get to visit some amazing crafters.

Today I will start with sharing with you my card:


This card was inspired from a variety of sources-the first was a few weeks ago when I saw Windy's inspiration card at Case Study. I loved the layout with the flower at the edge and the flourish. The second inspiration came yesterday when I saw the colour combo of champagne, tangerine and sky blue at The Play Date Cafe. I loved this combo but was blown away by Anya's card, she had edged her feather dies with orange and it looked stunning. I took this idea and embossed some champagne card stock with wood grain and then die cut these flourishes. I then inked these with memento 'tangelo' ink.
I finally have been wanting to enter the 'Anything Goes' challenge at Paper Smooches Sparks, basically as I adore their stamps-here I have used the 'sentiment sampler' set and the dotted stamp from 'Alphadots' set. This gorgeous button I just came across in my stash!

So, for this one card, 3 challenges and 2 crafters inspired me. Isn't it amazing how inspiration comes from so many areas to go into one card. It all just seems to creep into your brain over time and then out pops an idea. This fascinates me.
Today I have seen a few other challenges and crafters who have inspired me and I am hoping to get time to create something from this over the next few days.

Where does your inspiration come from??

      Display our button   CASE Study
                                                       
                                                               

     

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sandie,perfect die cuts and I love your cute sentiment - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you shared your inspiration. I did the same thing last night was sitting and looking through a whole bunch of blogs to get some fresh ideas. You know how much I love the leaf die you used. Beautiful Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually find my inspiration at the bottom of a cake box! Other blogs definitely provide fuel for thought. I look at CAS cards and think "I have to jazz it up!" The magic happens when it happens... I have no idea when or why... Love your leafy creation...Now how can I funk it up?! There you have it!

    hugs,
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love that color scheme, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandie! Happy New Year! I love those leaves and the PS sentiment. I really need to use mine more :) Thanks for inspiring and thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great colours and shapes for a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fab post Sandie! Love it! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful! glad you were so inspired by out colors and challenge :) Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun to see how you were inspired from several different sources, lovely card! Have a fab day!

    xo, Kristina
    visiting from CASE study challenge
    Hope you can stop by to say hello :)
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful take on the color story this week! Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Each small details is fabulous and I love that even with such interest, you've kept this so CAS! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree with the comment above--so many fabulous details!!! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Anything Goes challenge!!! Can’t wait to see what you create for this week’s challenge– Vintage:)

    ReplyDelete

//