Pages

Monday, 10 June 2013

A Big Thank You

I hope you all had a great weekend and feel ready to face the week ahead.

I had a very quiet weekend, quieter than normal, as Hubby has laryngitis so couldn't speak! My hubby is a very, very quiet person anyway (very different to me!!), so losing his voice is not as drastic as it would be for me....in fact I think he quite likes it, he could create his music all weekend in the quiet of our joint craft room and not have to chat to me, whilst I made cards in there with him!

My card today is for my neighbour, who really helped me out this weekend, in a way that means a lot to me. I wanted to show my thanks by spending some time making him a card.

I already had a rough idea based on Lisa's card for the Case Study challenge this week. I knew I wanted to use my watermark stamps again........I know I am a bit addicted to them at the moment, but Lisa's card just screams these stamps to me!! But when I saw the photo inspiration at the Fusion Card Challenge I just knew what colours I wanted to use and what extra stamp set to use-'reflections' by paper smooches. Again, my linen impression plate has been used! I like to use this plate combined with the watermark stamps as I feel it adds just the right amount of texture to this very CAS stamps.


And here is where my inspiration came from:


Lisa's card:                            

         

And the Fusion photo on the right:


Plus I am going to enter this into the 'thank you' challenge at Magnolia Down Under
Have a great Monday x

11 comments:

  1. I love your take on both inspiration photos. The PaperSmooches stamps combined with the water color stamps is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card!
    http://nagaonkarshilpa.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card hunni and hope your hubby gets better asap!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is simple and atime delicious, Thanks for your comments at Florence Blog working with my Darling Picts,, so feel free to ask me your favorite product from all my stuff for free,email me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely thank you card, Sandi, just right for both challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those strong upward strokes of colour....and the flowers just soften the whole thing. A very clever composition, my friend. Hope Callum feels better soon.
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this. The flowers add nice flow to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make such lovely cards with your watermark stamps. It shows on your cards that you're really fond of this set, and they're perfect for your CAS style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, love those gorgeous blues! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cool blues and textured background! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just voted for you, Sandie! This card is simple yet so delightful! Very creative use of stamps!

    ReplyDelete

//