Pages

Thursday, 6 June 2013

Lets Play Case and Sketch!

Hello crafting friends,

Today I saw my cousin Lynn's card at  The Case Study Challenge and just loved it. She is the June Guest Designer, so a huge congratulations to you Lynn!! Lynn's card is a 'case' of Lisa Spangler's card here and at the bottom of this post. I really liked the splashes of colours on Lisa's and Lynn's cards and this got me thinking about my new, getting lots of use, 'wonder watercolour' stamps from PTI. Then blog hopping this afternoon I saw the sketch at CAS(E) this sketch and immediately I knew how I wanted to 'case' these ideas using this sketch. I have to say I thought of this idea before I saw this card by Kim on the DT! But after seeing Kim's card I knew my idea would work and I just jigged the sketch around.

Next I went hunting for a colour scheme and didn't need to go far before I came across this week's gorgeous combo of teal, magenta and light grey at The Play Date Cafe.

A lot of inspiration went into this one card but I really do love it when this happens and this all happened in one day (usually when I am inspired like this it is over a few days!) I hope you can see I have added texture using the PTI linen impression plate.


I love how this turned out and it has been a while since I have played along at all these 3 challenges, so this makes me smile too!

And a roll call now for all those who inspired my card:

Lynn's card:                                           Lisa's card:                                  Kim's card:

           CASE Study Challenge #144      Merci


                     

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the abstract look and the colours are stunning. Looks like one of those arty museum pieces. You're on to a winner here, my friend!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely cas card, Sandi! Stunning colours; eye-catching layout! The added bonus: sharing the cards that inspired you! How thoughtful and generous to give a shout-out to Kim and Lynn! I'll definitely be back to explore more of your creative inspiration!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! I love what you have done with this set!! It's totally fun and funky and perfect for the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh...love, love, love how you used the inspiration. The texture and the colors are gorgeous! So glad you played with us at CASE Study and I appreciate the shout out dear cousin! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is SO cool! You rock this new stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun and very funky Sandie!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CAS(E) this sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool card! I love the fun feel it has!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your out of the box interpretation on the CTS challenge & I love the colour combo too! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card...thank you for playing the Case Study with us! ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, this is so cool, Sandie ... love the texture and those bold colours ... just fab! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool! This is really fun with the impressed background, too. Adds such great texture! Thanks for joining us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

//