Pages

Friday, 12 July 2013

Christmas in July!

Hello my crafty friends,

There is a lot of Xmas in July Challenges floating around in blog land this week. And before I tell you the inspiration behind my card, here it is:



I saw the 'CAS Xmas in July' challenge at CAS on Sunday and  I knew I wanted to use my new 'girl and boy' stamp from Fresh Squeezed Stamps and had the idea of them meeting under the mistletoe. I have actually been trying out different ideas in my head for this all week but couldn't seem to get it right until I saw Jocelyn Olsen's card on  The Case Study Challenge this week. I had a 'ping' moment and I knew I wanted to follow her long and thin card shape with the sentiment at the bottom. I couldn't find a stamp or digi in my collection that could pass as a small enough mistletoe, then CAS-ual Friday's polka dot challenge provided me with my final 'ping' and I decided to make my own (kinda) mistletoe using a leaf stamp and some red gems......artist license!!

I love the idea of using non-traditional stamps to create Xmas cards-a challenge but a fun one!

Have a relaxing Friday night and I hope you pop back tomorrow to see my DT kissy, kissy CAS card for Inkspirational.
CAS On Sunday Challenge

cfc109    


13 comments:

  1. This is such a different take on a Christmas card, and I just love your choice of image and clean design for such a card! Very original and cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is an original....and it works. I think it's brilliant! Love it, mu friend.
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. How unusual, but how brilliant! I love it

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection in its simplicity, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS card. Thanks for joining us at CASE study!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully CAS, Sandie ... and so clever ... the mistletoe and holly detailing are absolutely perfect! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this. I really must make long cards as I love how cool they look. Great take on all the challenges Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! This is such a sweet CAS card, Sandie! This long card has such lovely effects with this design! Love the kissing under the mistletoe scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is perfect. I love your framed couple! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I LOVE this Sandie, so cute! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASE STudy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cool! Love this! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card ;o)
    Thank you for joning us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

//