Pages

Monday, 29 July 2013

Inspiration!

Today I have a card for you that was inspired by 3 challenges.

First off here is the card:



And here is the inspiration behind it:

I chose the colours after I saw this dreamy photo at Papercraft Star-I used these soft subtle colours and my watermark stamps to represent the waves.


The layout came from the sketch this week at CAS(E) this sketch-I flipped this sketch and used watermarks rather than uniform stripes and added the wood grain embossing to add texture but still keeping the striped look.


And the initial inspiration came from Jocelyn's card at Case Study-I loved the splatter look and wanted to draw on this:


I love it when I am inspired from a number of different sources. It continues to amaze me how all these aspects work together to produce one card!

Have a fun Monday x

7 comments:

  1. You're right! It is amazing ... and sooo lovely! Fab creation.
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo beautiful, and using the woodgrain was genius!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandie, this is a beautiful card! I love the CAS look to it and how you captured the colors from our inspiration photo. Thank you for joining us at the Papercraft Star. I have sent a picture of this card to our DT members for consideration in this weeks challenge.
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Sandie! Love how you combined the challenges; perfect stamp choice for both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful design of soft colors and lots of white! The card fits the theme of all 3 challenges so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully stamped, and I love that pink card base! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combination of challenges. Love the subtle colours. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete

//