Pages

Friday, 18 October 2013

Inspiration!

Today I had one of those inspiration moments when you see a few challenges and 'ping' an idea comes into your head.
First of, the sketch this week from CAS(E) this Sketch was just so fab I knew I would be using it. Then I saw Elena's invitation at Case Study-here I loved the wood effect and the pop of colour. And finally I saw the card Aimes on the DT had created to inspire us. I loved Aimes card and knew I wanted to CASE this but with my own little twist. Instead of using wood for the die cut leaf, I used some card that is embossed with a very subtle pattern. Then I used the wood idea on the base card and embossed that with wood grain. For my pop of colour I wanted to keep my card 'Autumn' based and used orange for the sentiment and some orange twine. Keeping in with these colours meant I could also add this to the 'Autumn' challenge at Clearly Besotted Stamps-the die cut and sentiment are both from Clearly Besotted Stamps (Autumn Flowers)
And here is the card that I was inspired to make:

(hover over the image and click on the pin to save to pinterest)

I love how the embossing turned out. This is being sent to my Uncle and Aunt just because!

And a drum roll please for all the inspiration that led me to this:

            

And Aimes card that I just loved and cased (thanks Aimes)

thank you <3

Happy Stamping x

21 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous take on all of the inspiration. I love the texture!

    PS My stamps are new stamps from WPlus9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see how all of those points of inspiration come to one super-lovely card! I think you've inspired me to hook my own card up to CAS(E) this sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! Fabulous card! Love how you've pulled the ideas and inspiration together.
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Sandie! I love your spin on these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandie. LOVE this card! Fabulous colors, lots of texture ... and the twine is perfect. Great job on including all the challenges into one amazing card! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don;t you just love an evolutionary card? This is simply stunning, Sandie ... texture, depth, colour palette ... all delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really gorgeous! I love your leaf, and the sentiment is just perfect! I never knew that the woodgrain embossed background looked so pretty in this shade of yellow/gold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Sandie! You know how I much I love autumn colors and that background is so beautiful... Cards like this always make me long for a die cutting/embossing machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT job on combining these challenge! I love the simplicity and textures on this card! So soothing and serene! Happy weekend, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woooww...How could you combine all the challenge..this is really clever...I adore the texture too and the simplicity...really great and elegant card...

    I join also the challeng on Case Study and my card is number 16 if you would like to see it on my blog and I would be so glad if you like to leave me some love...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card Sandie, love the textures and colours. You really captured Autumn with this creation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Sandie...this is one gorgeous card! The texture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful. Love the CAS design. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! You rock the CAS style, Sandie, and I love all of your different cards with leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunning card Sandie - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Way to combine so many challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow packed with texture and interest and yet still beautifully clean and simple! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! This is a stunning CAS card, thank you so much for joining in with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

//