Pages

Saturday, 14 December 2013

Snowflakes!

Hello to all,

There are quite a few snowflake themed challenges around at the moment and no surprise there! So I am joining in the fun. I haven't felt very crafty all week then yesterday I was looking through some of my favourite challenges and inspiration stuck me when I saw this card by Deb at CAS-ual Fridays. I loved the CAS design and the colours. Also this card from Aimes at Case Study I immediately spotted the linen impression plate used on her card stock and wanted to give this a go. With this inspiration in mind I came up with this:


I am sorry about the exposure of this photo but it is getting harder and harder to get good photos as Winter draws in!
I realised after I made it that it is quite similar to one of my previous cards but this time the snowflakes are on the right. I did find it kind of weird to place them on the right, I kept wanting to go left but I think it worked out o.k!
I am also entering this into the snowflake challenge at CASology


11 comments:

  1. Love this...I really must get my linen impression plate out. It adds the perfect amount of texture! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Lynn, Sandie ... the subtle texture on that gorgeous coloured panel is lovely ... and those little pearls are a perfect touch on the snowflakes! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely and the corners rounded the added touch that beings this to another level of loveliness!!! The wee pearls are so gorgeous too!
    Thanks so much for adding this to the CASology Gallery this week, so glad that you were able to join us in the FUN and so looking forward to you playing again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rounded corners and the snowflakes -I'm proud to be the owner of the card with snowflakes on the left! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, especially the embossing. It's so subtle yet such a stunning detail! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandie! Lovely CAS card - I really like the rounded corners that make this even more eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I love your variety of designs using the same materials - you show us that with one stamp set you've got endless possibilities!
    I'm sorry for my late visit - I'm glad I finished my Christmas shopping well before December, because I've been so occupied between work and family visits and birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card! Love the rounded corners! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly CAS, Sandie. I'm watching and learning. And now its time for a cupcake!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandie, thanks for the shout out. I love the texture you added to your card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

//