Pages

Monday, 23 December 2013

Time for a Cuppa!

Goodness we are nearly there and I think it is time we all took a break and had a good old cup of tea!

My card today is a bit different for me but I really had fun making it. My Mum asked me to make a card for her friend's Birthday. When I saw the image over at CASE Study I thought of paper piecing and patterns and used this inspiration and came up with this:


The stamps are from Fresh Squeezed Stamps and I have paper pieced the cup using my stash and yes, that is a doily!! This is different but I actually really do like it!

Time for a cuppa now!
I will also enter this into:
Seize the Birthday-anything Goes


And here is the inspiration





12 comments:

  1. Your card is just adorable. Yes, a bit of a different style for you but you nailed it. I love the use of the doily!!! Great card, my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love this card, Sandie! Obviously I adore your use of doily and in this card it fits the tea drinking theme very well. The dotty background is really fun and all and all this is just a super cute card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, this is just perfect, Sandie! I love the layout and the dotty background is lovely. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely different for you, but very British and very fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, a change from your usual style, Sandie ... it's fun sometimes to do something different ... and this is so pretty! After all, any time's a good time for tea! Happy Christmas, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the soft pastels you chose for this card and your teacup is so pretty! Love your polka dot patterned background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I love how you used just part of the doily. Pretty colors. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is going to love your card! I love paper piecing and I love the soft pastels you chose for this card. Thanks for playing along with STB~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so soft and pretty Sandie!
    I hope you've had a lovely Christmas! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card - your dotted bg won me over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doily! And what a treat to see you use it. Love this card. It has just the right amount of girly to keep it CAS. Well done, my friend!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for my late visit, but Christmas sort of got in the way:) I've been with my family, then I got sick and then I really needed to spend some time in my craft room:)
    The layout of this CAS card is fab! A great design for a woman's birthday card!

    ReplyDelete

//