Tuesday 19 June 2012

A very big thank you

Today my card is a thank you card for some one who over the last 6 years has helped me through many tough times. She has listened to me and always helped me and I believe I am in a better place now because of her care. She is moving away and this sad but a great opportunity for her. Today I made this card for her:


Yesterday I watched this tutorial on Nichole Heady's blog-capture the moment. It was a lesson on 'bordered sentiments' and the theme of this week's 'Make it Monday' challenge. So I decided to give it a go using PTI  mehndi medallion stamps and paper smooches sentiment sampler. I went with the paper smooches sparks colour combo challenge. I added some lavender ribbon as borders to my sentiment, some matching coloured gems and rounded the right hand corners.

So not only have I learnt a new technique but made a card that I hope conveys the thanks I feel to this special person. 

7 comments:

  1. I like how you incorporated the color challenge. The rounded corners and ribboned sentiment are great additions! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours and I'm sure this card will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that your friend will appreciate this. It is beautiful Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! I'm sure that your dear friend will appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you have done with this card. The big medallion in yellow is fantastic. (Thanks for the reminder that yellow on white, and other near-to-background-colors, work if you make them large enough.) The ribbon border and pearl dots in complimentary colors are the perfect bling for this simple card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty! Great layout. Thanks for playing along with the Sparks challenge.

    ReplyDelete

//