Saturday 22 June 2013

Inkspirational #25 Weekend Warrior Post!

As I am now the only DT member posting on Saturday at Inkspirational, Mynnette and Ellen have named me the 'weekend warrior' and I have to say I kinda like it!! So from now on my Saturday post for Inkspirational will be called after my new nick name!!

So today, I am hear to encourage you to join in our 'case the card' challenge. This week our inspiration card is by the super talented Vicki-click on her name to see her card or scroll to the bottom of my post.

And here is my 'case' using a freebie image from this month's sponsor,  Milk N Coffee Digital Stamps that you can find on their blog here


I took my inspiration from the CAS design, the layout and the row of gems. It is not such a great photo but I have added silver sparkle paper to the cake and as the plate. I coloured the cake stand with a sparkle gelly pen. I made this card for my crafting friend Asha who just had her 21st (ha, ha) Birthday-she does enjoy her cake!!

Now it is your turn, you have until Tuesday 6pm CST to join in so pop over to Inkspirational now and check out the rest of the DT's fab projects and then get inky!!

And here is Vicki's card:






9 comments:

  1. I love the sweet little gems on this cake. Perfect CAS design and I'm sure Asha loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Lynn. Asha LOVES it! LOL

      Delete
  2. This is great, Sandie!!! LOVE the cake image and I adore the use of the glitter paper for the "tray"! Fabulous card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did a card based on colors rather than follow the design. Refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great cased card, and the cake looks yummy!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it, my friend!!! So elegant and classy and there's cake too! I am over the moon and will be showing it off to everyone at work!
    Big hug to you dear friend.
    xxx Asha

    p.s. 21 and not a day older! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that soft yellow that you use for the 1st card, Sandie! Vicki's embossed background is gorgeous, too! Asha will love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CAS card, my friend. I love that yummo cake!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, delicious! It looks great with all that white space and the gems just finish it off. Marina

    ReplyDelete

//