Monday 6 April 2015

CASEplorations!

A very Happy Monday,

Today I am playing along at the CASEplorations challenge at STAMPlorations.

This month the challenge is to CASE a fabulous card by the very talented and fun Kimberley. I always admire Kimberley's cards and when I saw her card for STAMPlorations I had to join in the fun.

Here is what I came up with:



And here is Kim's card:


As you can I see I kept to Kim's lay out but decided to have my base as a pastel mix of water colours. I had to leave this overnight as I water coloured straight onto the base card so it needed a night to flatten out.

The rest of the card was created with a little help from my crafty friends.

 -I used a die cut that STAMPlorations DT member Maria sent me.
 -I heat embossed the sentiment that is from the STAMPlorations 'celebrate artsy' set-a pressie from Nonni
-the washi stickers are from Kim

Aren't craft friends the best!!

I finished off the card by using enamel dots instead of the butterflies Kimberley used.

I really enjoyed making this card. Kimberly's card was so inspiring-thank you!


I will also enter this into 'Add a butterfly/colour challenge' at House of Cards





15 comments:

  1. Love the soft background with the bold pink butterfly. Crafty friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your take on Kimberley's card Sandie ... lots of pops of gorgeous colour. I'm hoping to join this challenge too later as I'm in love with her card! Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've done a brilliant CASE of Kimberley's card. Your base is lovely; soft and pretty. Love the enamel dots too. Just a wonderful card! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab take on Kimberly's card, Sandie. Love your soft colored background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous pop of vivid pink against the delicate watercolouring, Sandie ... such a wonderful CASE of Kimberly's card! Yep, crafty friends are fantastic! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, the embossing JUST comes right out at you!!! The hot pink-YAY!!! LOVE it, such a FAB idea, I will be tucking that idea away for later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! I love these fun colors, the smattering of enamel dots, and the textured butterfly! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great layout and I like the mix of colors. Great that you were able to use your crafty gifts in this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What does the card look good with the pastel watercolour BG! Great take on the challenge! And great that yuou used the craftyfriends presents; makes it a craftyfriends card... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pastel background - a great case.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bright butterfly Dear Sandie and lovely pastel background too..simply and adorable card you did by CASE ing Kimberly card..
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool.Very clean and simple! Thanks for joining us at the House of Cards this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great pink and pastel CASE of Kimberly's card. So glad the flutterby could make an appearance. Great to see you in the CASEploration gallery, Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card. Love the pastel background paired with that vivid pink butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this pretty card and that bright pop of color!

    ReplyDelete

//