Thursday 5 November 2020

Time Out #174

Hi Crafty Friends,

Time for our 'Theme' challenge at Time Out and this time we are looking at 'Festivals'.
Any Festivals-if you need to do some more Christmas cards then perfect chance. But there are so many Festivals in all our different cultures so you go ahead and use any Festival you want!

And don't forget with our 'Theme' challenges we have an 'optional' twist and that is 'add shimmer and glitter'

Through card making I have made quite a few friends in India and love to make them cards for Diwali-the Festival of Lights. This year Diwali is for 5 days with the first day on 14th November and you can guarantee there will be plenty of traditional celebrations and all so very colorful!

And here are 2 cards I have made this year

Card 1 didn't use the twist:


Here I have used an Indian background stamp by Erin Lee Creative and dies from Penny Black and the sentiment and small stamp are from Mudra Stamps

And here is another card that is a little different for me but I also used Erin Lee Creative Indian Stamp set-I white heat embossed the background and watercolored in lots of bright colours for the Festival. The sentiment stamp is from our sponsors Craft Tangles.


Card 2 I did-with my gold mirri card:


Can't wait to see what you Festival you choose!

Pop on over to Time Out and see what amazing cards they have made!

Enjoy!





6 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards, Sandie. How lovely that you made 2 Diwali cards. Great color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fantastic cards! I really like your choice of colors on both of these, especially the purple and yellow!
    -Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty! Love the scripty writing and use of mandalas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Sandie!! I'm in love with both of them! Love the simple layered look of the first one, and shine and colorful look of the second one. Of course, extra love especially for the one you sent me! So glad to have received it! Thank you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful cards for this colorful celebration. I love your signature purple and yellow with its lovely, simple design, and I love the way you ventured into some different techniques in the second. Just wonderful design and colors. Love the embossed mandalas and the watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Love the colourcombinations and the background of the 2nd! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

//