Sunday 24 April 2022

Spring!

Hi There,

Hope you are all well.

Yesterday I had a play with making some stencil backgrounds using ink blending, something I rarely do!

As there are lots of Spring Challenges around and I need lots of Birthday cards I went with floral stencils.

Here is one of the backgrounds I used to make card:


I sponged the floral background with distress inks then added all the rest are bits and bobs from my stash-that centre is a cut off from an old water colour background.
To finish off I added some sparkle to the butterfly and a simply enamel dot!

A very different card for me but fun to break out of the comfort zone!!

Enjoy!

I will enter into:

Time Out-Spring-(yes girls...I did make this and do the blending-wonders never cease!!)

Seize The Birthday-option Signs of Spring

Tic-Tac-Toe-I went for the right vertical line-ink blending, embellishment and stencil







 



8 comments:

  1. Oooooo Sandie! I love this step outside your comfor zone! Fabulous background and I love the way you finished your card!!!! Fabulous work. And it fills my heart with joy to see you in the TO gallery.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to see you worked with stencils; I think it is so much fun and gives so much more options by making all kinds of things...
    I love the colours you used; they are so spring! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous blending and use of color on your card. So very fun to see you playing along in our gallery! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! I love the little tid bits behind the butterfly - they match up the rest of the card wonderfully, while adding a little bit of visual texture - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Spring Sandie! Such a bright happy card with those pretty colours. Great fun to see your breaking out from your CAS style!! Take care! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is different from your usual style, but very refreshing in spring colors and with the use of a leftover as well! Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Miss Sandie!! Just love all the fabulous colors and that butterfly is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely not your usual CAS style Sandie but it's fun to step outside your crafty comfort zone sometimes isn't it, and especially when the result is this gorgeous! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete

//