Friday 20 January 2012

Love and Marriage

We may all be preparing for the month of Love but I also have to prepare for a few friend's weddings this year. So today I started playing around with a few ideas. My card today was first inspired by this photo at Jay Gee's Nook :


The colours made me think of weddings and the flowers draped over the vase in the photo at the bottom right of the picture, gave me the idea for the embossing folder I have used in my card:


The sentiment (again from create with TLC) has come out a bit scratchy on the photo-not sure why as it is clear?? I did struggle trying to get a good photo of this but I hope you can make out the drapy flowers that I have embossed on the white card. A very Clean and Simple card but one that, to me, feels just right for a wedding.

This card will also go into the challenge at The Inspired-the wedding dress in the photo being my inspiration.

Used in card:
sentiment-create at TLC
embossing folder-handy hippo
Kanban gems
Papillon ribbon

6 comments:

  1. Your card is very elegant Sandie and the embossing looks lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...I hope you'll link up with 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandie! :) First: love this card. It has a simple beauty that really wows. beautiful colors. Second: thank you for joining the Freshly Brewed Valentine Blog Hop. We're so glad you did. Thank you for your comment left on my blog http://vanessaspapercreations.blogspot.com/2012/01/fresh-brewed-designs-valentine-blog-hop.html You had some questions that I wanted to answer but found no email, so posting here: a stylus is a penlike craft item with a little ball on the end used for scoring cardstock or dry embossing with a stencil (old school way before the cuttlebug and big shot came out), I used it to create lines on the window area. for the top of the door: it first was cut out and made 3d by using popdots. I used a Stampin' UP! punch to create the leaves, and a small flower punch. I just glued them along/behind to over hang. I hope that answered your questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty, love the embossing! Thanks for playing at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandie, this card is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month ... Ange

    ReplyDelete

//