Friday 1 June 2012

Lets Celebrate the weekend!

We have a weekend of celebrations ahead and my card today reflects how my Family and I will be celebrating!

Not only is it the Queen's Jubilee but my Mum's 70th so it will be a weekend full of celebration and a few glasses of Champagne!!

I was thinking of a suitable card for the 'Jubilee' challenge on a passion for papertrey and then I saw the 'Bling' CAS card challenge on Cas-ual Fridays and just knew the card I wanted to do.

Just indulge me for a few moments whilst I explain the background thinking behind my choice of crafting today.

Firstly on holiday I was thinking about what card I could make for my Uncle Tony's Birthday (not until August but a girl likes to be prepared) and I had come up with the idea of this card.

Secondly when I was chatting with my Mum yesterday she was telling me how my Tony had arrived with quite a few bottles of pink champagne for our weekend of fun-Tony does love his Champagne!

And then this morning I saw the challenge on Cas-ual Fridays and immediately thought of this card.

When I started to make it I felt that I needed to add some texture so decided to use the PTI linen impression plate........and yep, you got it.......It dawned on me that this was the 'Jubilee' card for the challenge on a passion for papertrey especially as this is how we will be spending the Jubilee!!

Funny how it all comes together some days.
So if you are still with me, I hope you like my card and cheers to all this weekend!!


The sentiment is from Ceate with TLC

13 comments:

  1. Love your idea! Sparkly indeed--hope you enjoy your weekend with the pink bubbly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPARKLE FARKLE with TILLMANN.
    Fucking A.
    For ARIZONA.
    For ACE.
    LONDON for CARTER FOUNDATION - KSDON.
    DODONGO- CASA DONASA DE VENCEDORAS .
    ADA.
    He got the ADUCA with ADUCCA and there goes DONALD DUCK.
    DISNEY got DISCOVERED and now BOBBIE 5508 got that WODEN BLUES. ( TEAM )
    So does DANA- ROKST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - that sentiment was written for me, I think! Love the 'bubbles'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my friend and I enjoy a bit of bubbles. Love the sentiment you have here. Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card. Love the sparkle. Hope you have a great weekend and don't have a headache on Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic use of bling!
    Hope you have a fab weekend with the double celebrations!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sentiment is perfection! I'm sure Tony will be smiling from ear to ear when he receives it!! Thanks so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays and give the family a big hug for me this weekend! Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cleverly executed! Bubbles and bling ... me like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card! Have a FAB weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, way to break out the bubbly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sparkly bling out of the bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card! Love how you used the bling with the champagne bottle, so creative! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card and the bling coming out of the bottle. I have looked through Paulette's word art in the store and can't find this, could you give me a clue where it is please?
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

//