Friday 6 July 2012

Casual Fridays

Yippee Friday is here at last and the Friday cocktail hour in London is close approaching! Before I pour myself a Martini I have a card to share with you. This card is for the Cas-ual Fridays 'text' challenge.

I was a bit stuck with this challenge as I don't have a script stamp. I do have a script digi but decided to be super creative (for me) make my own 'script' card. I masked off part of an oval shape then just kept stamping the 'thanks' sentiment in memento 'potters clay' ink. I have made some of the text lighter by stamping it on scrap first. The border is from Craft Meow's retro set. I have just curved and coloured it in and then cut half of it out so that it bordered the my 'homemade' script. Also to fit in with the theme used a script embossing folder on 'white core' brown card. Once embossed I sanded it to give an 'old' style effect.

This was a fiddly card to make but a lot of fun as I was trying out a number of new ideas and I am pleased as they seemed to have worked eventually...........don't you think I deserve that Martini now....shaken not stirred and with a twist not an olive!!

Have a happy, casual Friday.

5 comments:

  1. I love how you did the text! Awesome! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays, the Clean And Simple challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh la, la, this is fabulous...love the combo of embossed paper and the stamping! So glad you played with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge my dear Sandie :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks like chocolate - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/07/52-card-pickup-week-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sanding the script - brilliant idea! Love the look. Go on, have that Martini. It's well earned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice embossed text paper. Love it. Gorgeous card.Thanks so much for playing with us @ CAS-ual Friday:)

    ReplyDelete

//