Tuesday 11 August 2015

Inspiration Journey today!

Yesterday I wanted to play along with the Christmas Muse card this week. This week there the card was by the very talented Kimberley. The card was not my normal style but I was in the mood for water colouring so decided to give it a go. I was mainly inspired by the water colour effect and the foliage in the left hand bottom square (see below). I came up with this:


I embossed the leaves and sentiment (from Happy Little stampers Mixed Christmas sentiments) and then water coloured. To be honest I am not happy with this card but I wanted to share with you how this card led me to the card below-which I really like and it makes me happy. This is what happened-I was looking at my water coloured card thinking I am not happy with this and then decided-why not just stamp this following the same design and adding some holly and a few gems. I did this and created this card, which I do like. So thank you Kimberley for inspiring me to make 2 Christmas cards!


I will enter both of these into Muse Christmas Visions and 52 Christmas Card Throwdown-green and red challenge.

I will enter the second into One Layer Christmas Card

       








16 comments:

  1. Love how challenges get us out of our comfort zone and that you created two cards. Love them both...but you know how happy all the white space makes me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both cards. Such a great way to show how one sentiment can be used in different ways. Great Christmas cards, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are gorgeous! Love the watercolored background on the first card and love the white background for the second! Thank you for sharing with us at OLCCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your one-layer take on our color challenge - thanks for joining us at the 52 CCT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see two versions of a similar card - it shows how we can get more out of our supplies! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply wonderful holiday card. I love your gorgeous water coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely Sandie!! I ADORE your watercoloring and the fact that you stepped out of your comfort zone a little, wonderful watercoloring, so glad you joined in MUSE CV this week Sandie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS you said some sweet things, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first card is very different from your usual style, being all covered up in colors. But I do like this artsy kinda look and it's always nice to try something new. Your second card I would recognize as a Sandie card anywhere - clean, white,elegant and with a super layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your water-colour version is artsty fabulous, Sandie! Wish I could have such marvelous success...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both takes on your Muse card Sandie - both unique and fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dont see the first card is SANDIE´s Card
    is so different and Iove more the second one so crisp and clean and lovely layout
    I read on other post..
    I guess too we cant put two cards in a challenge with the same link Sandie
    maybe you can put at Flickr gallery and take the link to the second card
    good luck sweety and see you soon at my blog
    miss you

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool that one card prompted another, Sandie ... the watercolour one is soft and delicate, the second crisp and fresh ... and so you! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandie - I think both your cards are super. I love the softness of the watercolour version. However, I really do think the perfectly CAS version is so you! Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week, and I'm sorry to be so late commenting xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them both, Sandie! So cool how one design led to the other! Perfectly awesome CAS design! So happy you could join us at the OLCCC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very artsy! I wish I had the courage to try this kind of looks... I'm too afraid of water! :)

    ReplyDelete

//