Friday 1 September 2017

Square Contrast!

Hello Crafty buddies,

My card today was inspired by the 'square' challenge at CASology.

To be honest I wasn't going to enter this challenge as I had no ideas at first! Then when I was hunting through my stash I came across this crream card embossed with squares. I have no idea where it came from but thought it would make a perfect base for this challenge.

This is what I created using the card and quite a few contrasts, which I will explain below...if you have time to read! 


I made the card square using the square embossed card. Then I wanted to add contrast to this card so used a pretty butterfly as contrast to the geometric base....which to me looks quite masculine. I have always liked using cream and white together and for some more contrast I used black with these. And for even more contrast I used the circle against the square. I have no idea why this base wanted me to go down the contrast route but it kept telling me too! And I like the end result.

Have fun today x

13 comments:

  1. What a happy find! :) This is so elegant! Love the way that butterfly pops right off the embossed card base!!!
    Thank you for playing along with us again over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much, Sandie! So clever and so striking! I love the serendipity of finding the base and I think you've got a winner here!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how my brain MAKES me make the cards it wants me to...lol! I love how your gorgeous card turned out! The cream and white with the black just work so well together! That embossing is wonderful, and I love that butterfly! Fabulous card! Love this!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - that colour combo is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Sandie! What a great find so perfect for the challenge. Love all your contrast ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! That card is perfect for the challenge at CASology and I love the contrasts you have created with the design. It is just so clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...love your sweet butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so clever and elegant. I never think to use white and cream together, and I really like how this looks. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegant and so stylish, Sandie ... the cream, white and black are gorgeous together ... love the delicacy of the butterfly against the cool graphic shapes! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super idea to go on with round shapes on this real edgie card! Love that you ket the colours neutral; really popped of my blogrol! Have a good sunday! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandy, I love the route you took with your card! Very dramatic, very clean, lots of interest! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beauty!
    Thanks for joining CASology this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that subtle embossing. It's absolutely perfect with the contrast from your black circle and butterfly! Thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete

//