Saturday 22 February 2020

Just for Fun!

Hi All

I haven't made a card 'just for fun' for a while but did have 2 card ideas in my head all week and finally got down this morning and made them.


The snowflakes are Stunning Snowflakes from Uniko and the sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays

I just loved the colours at Color Throwdown and knew I wanted to make a Christmas card-I like to try out a few one layer Christmas card designs through the year so when it comes nearer to Christmas I have some designs that I can make around 10 of...cheaper international postage! After seeing a few more challenges that inspired me, the card came together.

While I had these inks out I made another card that I hope to get around to sharing with you later.

I will enter this into:

Less is More-more but still CAS-use lots of little images but still keep CAS
CAS(E) This Sketch-this is what inspired my lay out
AAA Cards-one corner and option of older stash-I have had both these stamp sets for years
Color Throwdown-this is where it all started!

Hope to show you card 2 this weekend too!

Have a good weekend x

      




13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sandie, that is such a wonderful CAS design and I can see why those super colours inspired you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the colors over at CT earlier this week, and thought of you (and your love for purple) right away. You've created a gorgeous Christmas card with this color palette, and used CST's sketch to perfection. Great card! Hope all is well with you. xo Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now those are some funky snowflakes! Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful colourcombi; not so usual; love it! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing the colors of CTD here in the CTS gallery, Sandie! What a perfect choice for our Sketch … imagine how different my view would be if snowflakes were these colors?! Thanks for playing cards with us this week, my friend! ooxx

    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great CAS design and a fun take on snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see you making a card just to play in some fun challenges, Sandie! You rocked them all with this snow-much-fun snowflake design in unexpected colors! Take care, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Light, delicate and deliciously airy, Sandie ... what a brilliant idea to use snowflakes for the sketch ... it never occurred to me! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect corner placement and I love those colours! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh... colored snowflakes....fun!! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this design in non-traditional colours. Great use of the snowflake as the 'o' too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

//