Monday 20 August 2018

Finally I created!

A happy Monday to you all!

I know you have seen some posts from me but they were all cards made a while ago. Then yesterday my friend Nonni asked me how I had made a card I sent her. I couldn't remember! So after looking it up, I thought that was fun to make....lets see if I can do it again!! So thank you Nonni for inspiring me to actually make my first card in weeks!

Here it is:


I had a look around for some challenges and found the sketch at CAS(E) this sketch to give me the layout. I used the sketch to make the background using the watercolours in brush stokes following the sketch. I liked my arty take on the sketch.

The colours I got from Just Us Girls. I didn't have the right green in watercolours but mixed a green I did have with a green brusho colour and thought it worked.

I used the open Concord and 9th butterfly so you can see the background. The butterfly is covered on Wink of Stella and really dies sparkle. 

If you are interested how I did this.....you watercolour your background card in the colours you want and leave to dry. Then watercolour another card in the same colours but in the opposite order. This way when you die cut the butterfly and place it on the background there will be a contrast in colours-here you see the green of the butterfly is over the blue background and the blue is over the green background!

This was relaxing and fun to make.

Have a fun day x

I will enter it into:

Just Us Girls-aqua, pale yellow and light green
CAS on Friday-Butterlies
Creativity meets C9-anything goes
         


   For your blog   





14 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. Great to see you creating xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, love this card. Very CAS and beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super that she inspired you toget started again! And...love the colours and the layput! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect use of this week's colors! I love your gorgeous design and that butterfly is amazing! Thanks for linking up at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so happy to see that you created today! Your card is stunning. We must have been on the same wave length...I made a JUGS card and a CAS(e) this Sketch card yesterday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply adorable...just love your sweet delicate butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how soft and pretty this is! Wonderful take on the sketch, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soft and airy, Sandie. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful to see you crafting again and enjoying it so much, Sandie!! I love this artsy design, too! The colors are gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing how you did it and I hope you continue to feel crafty! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the softness of your color palette, Sandie - it plays nicely with the delicate butterfly diecut. So pretty! Thank you so much for joining us this month at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty and delicate - the colours are used beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for creating, Sandie ... especially something as lovely as this! That delicate butterfly is gorgeous in those soft colours ... what a clever idea to reverse the background shades ... it's delightful! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty and soft - the watercolour is the perfect base for your butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

//