Saturday 19 January 2013

I love Dogs!

O.K, this title is not actually true but I thought it suited my card (sorry all you dog lovers out there!).

This card is for a 2 year old girl who loves dogs but I was instructed that it was not to be girly and pink was a no no!

This is based on the challenge sketch this week at Paper Smooches Sparks and I have used my brand new 'Woofers and Tweeters' Paper Smooches stamp set.


I was inspired by Karen's use of the bone as a ribbon on her Cuteasaurus card here and thought it would work on my dog (so thank you Karen!).

This card took me ages to make. I couldn't decide on colours, stamps, sentiment etc.

Eventually I got the colours and decided to stamp my own back panel using the paw stamp. I had fun doing this so then went a bit crazy and decided to stamp bones also. As I got ready to put the card together I decided the stamp I originally used looked more like a cat and hubby agreed.....so back to the drawing board! I re-did the card using the above stamp!
I really find using patterned paper a challenge and at the end of making this card I had to laugh or it would have been tears!

Here is the sketch I based my card on:



I am also going to enter this into the 'Child's Play' challenge at The Stamping Shack-a new challenge site worth a peek.

Enjoy your Saturday x

6 comments:

  1. A really cute card Sandie - love your stamped images - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...this is so adorable! I love all the sweet little paws and bones! I'm sure it will be so loved! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What??? You don't like dogs?! Well, I never!
    I love the card, though. Oh soooo cute! And I note you are using patterned paper...hmmm. interesting development! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT??? You don't like dogs???? This card is the perfect card for that little girl!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! FAB take on last week's sketch! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    Hope you will join in the fun again this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card,Sandie and thank you for joining us at The Stamping Shack challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! Love your use of the dog bone for the bow, so sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with the SPARKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

//