Wednesday 3 July 2013

Addicted to Stamps and More #52

Hello my crafting friends,

It's time for our weekly challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More. And this week is the 'Make your Mark' challenge. This is where you must use some kind of marker on your project-promakers, stampin' write markers etc.
This is a super popular with you all, however I am still finding colouring a challenge!! Today I have really given it a go and used some new SU markers to make a fun Birthday card. I found this image already printed off in my stash. I know it was a freebie but can't remember where I got it from!


Naturally I had to go with purple for the dress and earring colours! I used a green gelly roll pen to give my cocktail a sparkle and heat embossed the sentiment in silver. For the skin colour I used 'blush blossom' stampin' write marker. This is the first time I have coloured skin on an image but I think it worked out not so bad!
Not my normal style but our 'make your mark' week is my monthly challenge and I hope you stick with me and see some improvement each month!

Don't forget to pop over to our blog here to see the fabulous creations from our talented DT.

This week you could win a prize from our fabulous sponsors MelonHeadz Illustrations. Go check out there store here and then get those markers out and start colouring!

Have fun my friends x

14 comments:

  1. Sandie, I really think you need to color more often. The end result is awesome. Love the cool urban feel of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an amazing job with your markers! I agree, you should do this technique more often. I LOVE the image!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my birthday card - it really does sparkle beautifully Sandie! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the image!! It would be perfect for my friends. :) Really great card! I've noticed how you often say that you are "struggling" with coloring -I think you are doing a great job, no worries there, but if you want to experiment, the paper you use has a big influence on the results -with markers I find it easiest to use really smooth paper that has a bit of shine to it -with printer papers it means using something meant for color printing. If you want, I could send you some samples (I have many different types since I've been struggling to find out my favorite). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You colouring is not too shabby, my friend. With every image you colour, you get better at it. Nonni has given you some great advice re papers. Looking forward to more hand coloured coloured cards!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandie. Your colouring is great. Love that image. Keep drinking these cocktails!!! :-) hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are doing a terrific job with coloring Sandie! I LOVE how you colored the cocktail - genius :o) Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, Sandie! Your colouring looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you, Sandie...I find coloring a challenge too! I am glad I am not alone! lol Your end result is fabulous too. That is such a cool image! I really like your embossed sentiment too. Adds a bit of bling to a girly card, which is a MUST in my opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great image for a girls' party card! Fab coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandie, you have great colouring skills, and your card is awesome

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandie: Wow if that is the first time you colored skin, it is fantastic!!! I would never guess - your shading is superb. I love the card...it is right on for summer. I take it you like purple (i'll have to look at your cards to get that impression! lol) For coloring it all with SU Markers, Holy Moly, it is stellar! Lovies, Samara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic embossing Sandie! Love this. Now I had no idea that Lynn was your cousin, how fun! Thanks for popping in to see me today, I always love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi ya Sandie. This card is definately you. Lovely colouring. Y'know this reminds me of a vintage advertising poster. Brilliant!! l
    Hugs, Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

//