Friday 13 October 2017

Floral Fun!

Hi All

Haven't been too crafty this week even though I had ideas in my head. But finally I got around to making a card I had been thinking about for the sketch at CAS-ual Fridays Sketch Challenge


I knew I wanted to use the Pretty Posies stamp set and dies from CAS-ual Fridays but also wanted to use my favourite flower stamp at the moment Full on Floral. I couldn't think of how to use this background stamp yet still keep the card CAS.....however DT member Michelle's card here gave me an idea-thanks Michelle .I stamped the floral background in versa marker onto maroon coloured card. I then heat embossed it using maroon embossing powder. I love how this looked, still keeping the card CAS but with a lovely textured and shiny background.

Next I heat embossed the flowers and leaves with the same embossing powder-I used scrap water colour card I had left over from the piece of water coloured for the Calling All Sistahs Challenge. Die cut and arranged.

I am quite happy how this turned out.

Have a fun day x

I will enter this into:

The Flower Challenge-CAS-ual Friday Full on Floral-celebrating their 1st Birthday-congrats!

         


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The colors are so stunning. Thanks for playing along at Casual Fridays Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why the floral is your fav at the moment. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be happy with how this turned out, Sandie! I love all that texture and shine and the classic design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the subtle texture on the background! It was a great idea to use a colored EP in the same color like the paper! Gorgeous card, Sandie! Thank you so much for celebrating with us at The Flower Challenge! Have a wonderful weekend :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bold and dramatic, Sandie ... the shine in the background texture is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a WOW factor with the bold and brilliant reds. Your background is fabulous too! Thanks for playing along with everyone at the Casual Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The textured background is subtle and decorative, it's fun seeing you make a layered design, this turned out so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That background looks so super! It is elegant and CaS and so warm; a clever way to use the flowers! Great card Sandie!

    ReplyDelete

//