Sunday 6 May 2012

Another Wedding!

Well today I have another Wedding card to share however this card was a challenge. It really pushed me outside my comfort zone. I was asked to make a card for a couple to include their names, date of the Wedding and to reflect the work that they do. There names are Andy and Paula, they get married on the 9th June this year and one is in the Fire Service and one sales car-easy heh!!

I saw the challenge at retro sketches and was inspired by the this weeks sketch, so I had a starting point.

I found this spec a challenge but got around the problem of their jobs by using a car licence plate to reflect their jobs and the stamp I used from 'stampology' gave me the opportunity to put in the Wedding date and their names. Boy this was fiddly and did take quite a few goes to get everything in place.

Also I found this a challenge because a licence plate doesn't feel like it should be on a wedding card to me-so to satisfy my desire to make it 'feel' right to me I embossed cream card using another one of my new impression plates from papertrey ink, added a cream ribbon, wedding bells and gems from my stash.

And in the end I love the card and am quite chuffed with myself!!

See what you think...........


And I will also enter this into the 'Wedding' challenge at a new site I have discovered fashionista. Check this site out as they have a unique way of organising their challenges.

Have a great day x

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Sandie...this is absolutely truly fabulous!!! I adore the license plate stamps. They look incredible and the sweet little wedding bells are the perfect touch! Swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very COOL card Sandie! The license plate is so unique! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a stamp set? Oh my, I love it! It looks so authentic...I need to track that set down :) I really thought you had it made or used a digital program!! LOL A treasure for the new couple for sure :) Well worth the time fiddling :) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. simple classy card thank you for joining us at fashionista this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. A simple but yet very nice card. Thanks for playing at Fashionista challenge! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

//