Friday 4 May 2012

Happy Birthday

Today is cas-ual fridays first Birthday plus it is the first week that my cousin Lynn joins the DT. So 2 good reasons to join in the fun!

This week the challenge was to make a Happy Birthday CAS card. This gave me an opportunity to try out my new Linen Impression embossing plate from papertrey ink. I have for a long time admired the cards Lynn makes with this plate and now I have my own. I love the subtle texture it adds to a card and it is perfect for a CAS card. So I stamped the sentiment and little candles. I used promakers to colour the candles and as this card is for a guy I used strong, vibrant colours. Then I used the impression plate, rounded the corners and there you have it!

It is hard to see the linen effect on the card but it is raining here and I couldn't get the right light to take the photo-I am afraid the photo does not do it justice........it looks better in real life (really!!)




I will also enter this into the 'texture' challenge at cards for men and the 'embossing' challenge at My Mums Craft Shop

Well the weekend is nearly here and as I am off on hols on Tuesday night I think I had better get some organising done. I have not done anything yet. I do hope to do a bit of crafting-fingers crossed.....it might help relax me and calm me when I am in panic mode!!

7 comments:

  1. Perfect for CAS! I hope you'll join me again at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/05/52-card-pickup-week-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS and classy, thanks for joining our challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...I love it!! Wooohoo! So happy your impression plate looks awesome! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays Sandie! Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the CAS style. Thanks for joining us this week at My Mums Craft Shop Challenges.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandie - it looks like great CAS style runs in the family! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet CAS card, Sandie! The texture really adds the perfect finishing touch, and I love the rounded corners. Thanks for helping us celebrate at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

//