Thursday 16 August 2012

Hello Again!

It seems like ages since I have posted. I have just got back from a very hot but relaxing hols in Santorini. Callum and I had a great time but now off we go back into 'London Days!'

Since coming home and doing all the holiday laundry (yet to be finished) I am writing an application for some funding and was starting to feel stressed (how does that happen only a few days after coming home??). However a little package of goodies arrived from my cousin Lynn so I decided to ease my mind and have some fun crafting.

I have for a long time now loved the 'gringe me' stamps from PTI and, as I now am a proud new owner of this set, I got them out to play. Had no idea what to do with them but remembered making a bordered stamp card form  this PTI 'Make it Monday' tutorial. So as I hadn't crafted for a while I decided to have a go following this. And I came up with a very non 'CAS' card which is weird for me but I had such a lot of fun doing it.

Now, please humour me and note how I have tried to follow the pattern of the 'retro grunge' 'stampin' up' paper when doing my own stamping design (see grunge spludges and circles??)


The chevron border is again from PTI, I stamped it on some of the background paper and cut it out to border it from the pattered paper.

As it is my Brother's Birthday next week and this card has a 'guy' feel to me I will be popping this in the post for him.

Now this is going into the challenge at A Passion for Papertrey. The package of goodies was a PTI package with a few little surprises from Lynn, one of which is the dotted stamps bordering the sentiment.

It is only 6am here so I now have a bit more time in my day for that dreaded application and hopefully some crafting stress relieve later in the day. But first I need to go and wake hubby so he can go out a earn the bacon!

Oh and before I go a picture of me and Callum from our hols.



Good to be back and have a good day x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictture of you and Callum...jealous of how nice and tan you are :) I just get more freckles!

    This is a fabulous card...love the retro feel!! I'm thinking it's Rob's birthday next month! I'm sure he'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pic of both of you. You don't get to be that colour by sitting in the craft-room all day! Fab card. Very Santorini inspired. I see sandy beach, sunset and ooops... perhaps one too many cocktails? Glad to have you back in the saddle, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

//