Saturday 4 August 2012

Summertime colours!

Hello from sunny Santorini (well here's hoping as this is pre-scheduled the night before I go!!)

I am at the moment, I hope, enjoying a few cocktails and watching the sunset.

When I saw the Summer colours on this week's Colourq challenge I had to have a go and I decided to combine it with the Summertime challenge at A passion for Papertry. As these flowers have such a summertime glow to them. I have used the 'garden of life' stamp set and linen impression plate (my fave) from PTI and the sentiment from Paper smooches. I had the inspiration for the design from Nichole Heady's 'make it Monday' tutorial that you can view here. I tried out the 'bleach stamping' and was impressed but need a bit more practise. However I did use a design based on one of her cards.



Hope you like my take on the clourq colours and Summertime theme...........now what is that I hear-oh yes the clinking of glasses as hubby buys cocktails on the terrace so we can marvel at the sunset (all in my mind at the moment, but here is to wishing big!!)
Will catch you in a week or so and hope all is well with my crafting buddies.
Take care x 

9 comments:

  1. For a moment there I thought you had taken your beloved linen impression plate to Santorini! Great card, love the bright colours...hope Santorini is just as cheerful. Have fun and see you when u get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are enjoying a cocktail...I'll be doing that next week. Love how you used the colors...so beautiful Sandie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card, Sandie, refreshing stamping, love the images! Thanks for playing with us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet design! Love these flowers! Thanks so much for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at the Colour Q this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful summer Card :-) Hope Santorini was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Sandie. Your flowers are so pretty. Thank you for joining us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete

//