Wednesday 10 October 2012

Inkspirational Card #2

Today is the eve of my hols. Packing done and just managed to get in some inky time before I go.

My card today for the 'leaf' challenge on Casology and for the photo inspiration challenge for Mynnette's DT call (card number 2 of 4!!)
Here is the inspirational photo:



I have been looking at this photo all week and to me it said 'Christmas', red and black, and a large focal centre. So these are the items that I wanted to base my card on. I was browsing through some old cards and found a few from my cousin Lynn that helped me focus my ideas. So here is my CAS card inspired from the elements I wanted to draw out from this photo and my cousin Lynn's old Xmas card (see Lynn, I keep all your cards for future inspiration-so a big thank you!)


And as I am enjoying stamping the inside of my cards at the moment, I went for Xmas stars in blue. I chose  blue as I wanted it to contrast with the front.



So crafting chums, I do have a couple of posts scheduled but will not be crafting for over a week but I intend to blog hop and watch what you guys are creating.
Have fun and see you in a week x

9 comments:

  1. Sandie, this is a GORGEOUS holiday card! LOVE the use of the colors from the inspiration photo! This is just fabulous! :) Thanks for joining in my DT call--I can't wait to see your last two projects! :) Good luck, and happy stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Don't you just love those leaves with the touch of gems...they are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of this card and the way you have described your inspiration for the design. Very nice.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card... thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-41-we-have-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Love how you've framed that oversized sentiment. And Lynn really is the best isn't she? :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JUST beautiful ~ CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bold shapes and colours on your Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

//