Thursday 12 June 2014

Time Out Reminder

Happy Friday Eve,

I am popping in today to remind you to check over at TIME OUT Challenges to see if you are one of our winners and also to remind you that our current challenge is still running until next Wednesday.

The theme is:

SUMMER is with optional twist of FLOWERS

And if you go for the twist you will be in for a chance of winning $25 gift voucher from out sponsors CAS-ual Fridays Stamps (chosen randomly)

This week I have a reminder card for you but I decided this week not to go with the twist and to use one of my favourite CAS-ual Fridays stamps sets Butterbows. I was inspired by 2 other challenges in creating this card. I actually made this card a week ago when these 2 challenges came out. I had a 'ping' moment! The challenges are Fusion and CAS(E) this Sketch. Here is what I came up with:


In Summer we get a lot of thunder storms but the rainbows that follow are worth it. The photo at Fusion was the first thing to inspire this, the little row of bright flowers. And then I saw the sketch and it just all came together. Isn't it a joy when crafting works like this!
I hope you note that I couldn't get all the colours of the rainbow in to fit in with the sketch so used the sentiment for the last colour.

I hope you come and play along with us at TIME OUT Challenges and if you include flowers remember you can win $25 from CAS-ual Fridays


And my inspiration:

                        

17 comments:

  1. What a great way to combine the challenges! And a beautiful sentiment! Hope you're enjoying the sun today! Huga, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie, I love the look of your butterflies. The give me a calm and peaceful feeling. The sentiment is so fitting for that calm feeling. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterflies are so sweet Sandie and you captured the challenges perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All kinds of favorites on this card...love the elements the linen embossing. Gorgeous Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so sweet & pretty! I love the textured background! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love the changing colors of the butterflies :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nonnie, I'm dropping by to say "thanks" for your sweet comment left at my blog. Great card here too. Actually...there's a LOT of nice cards around here! Cheers, Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!!! Thanks for joining us at FUSION, so glad you were inspired and shared!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a colorful line of butterbows Sandie! A lovely clean design! Thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, my friend. I'm (very) late wth my visits... sorry. Just dont have enough hours in the day. But appreciate your visits and thoroughly enjoy your post. Have a lovely weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely sentiment! Love the rainbow effect you've created with those butterflies!
    I'll be absent for the rest of this month, and If you're not already a subscriber of Cardmaking and Papercraft I recommend you to head over to check out my candy...

    ReplyDelete
  12. How delicious, Sandie ... such a sweet and pretty rainbow of butterflies ... and that gorgeous texture in the background ... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love the rainbow of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, Sandie, but your cascade of rainbow 'butterbows' are day-brightening and smile-making (much needed today, as my family left yesterday after a weekend of ever so much fun!!). Ever so pretty...Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  15. So clean and colorful! Love that you stamped the sentiment in purple too - a real stand out!

    ReplyDelete

//