Monday 15 August 2016

Bon Jour!


Hello there,

Now my card today may look like it took me 5 minutes to make but oh no....it took me hours! I had the idea and everything planned out, tried out and balanced then I lost one of the sentiments. I have looked and looked for it but it is still hiding. I know it will turn up one day soon but not today! 

I wanted to finish the card today so went with another sentiment.

Here it is:


This is meant to be the Eiffel Tower at night with all the lights shining from it. I used that snowflake die again but this time for lights (such a fab stamp from Visable images).

This card is the first card in ages I have made just for fun and is for the 'French, one layer card' challenge at Less is More and based on the lay out at CAS(E) this Sketch.

The other card I made like this is still waiting for the lost sentiment, when I find it I will share it with you.

x


16 comments:

  1. the added of yellow sunburst is super idea Sandie
    always love Paris theme
    beautifully card...
    I am so sorry my mom is here and kids has holiday...not much time to blogging and crafting :)
    try to catch up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow 'light'. What a great idea to creatively use a snowflake! fab LIM entry, thanks so much for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lost sentiment...have you checked whether it's stuck to your bottom?!
    I love this Sandie - reminds me of fireworks in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at this sketch but nothing has come to me! Love how my eye is drawn to the eiffel tower.

    And aahhh..I hate when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally know what you mean about fairly simple cards that take hours. :). This is lovely, I like the sentiment and the pretty shine from the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandie! this card is perfect!! I love the movement you achieved! So sorry about your lost sentiment but you'll find it!... check your elbow : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply spectacular and a perfect CAS one layer card Sandie. Love the images you've used and that snowflake is brilliant to show lights from the Eiffel tower. I thought you'd love this challenge ... hope the sentiment turns up and thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING one layer! I also tried to make one for LIM but in the end it turned out to become a future DT card with more layers than just one. :) I love the way you've combined stamps here, you nailed the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply divine, i love how it reminds me of the Eiffel twinkling.
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The simplest designs are the most time consuming of them all, that's my experience. Glad you persevered, in spite of a lost sentiment an all, I think the Eiffel Tower in the spotlight is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a terrific design! I like your splash of color! Thanks for joining us at less is more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous, Sandie! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Apologies for being AWOL lat week I was in Spain on holiday!
    This is terrific Sandie... I love those sunny colours!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"
    Moins est Plus!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's certainly stretching your stamps, Sandie. Great alternative use of your snowflake. I love how your images are all off the edge, great design.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

//