Saturday 24 February 2018

Inkspirational #155

Hi All

Time for a new challenge at Inkspirational.

Our photo challenge this week.

Here is how it inspired me:



A closer look at the embossing using a stencil.



The photo that inspired it:


First off I used the stencil with a mix of brushos and cut the top open butterfly from this. Then I used the same stencil with embossing paste and cut the flat butterfly from this. You will see that I didn't clean the stencil very well after using the brushos so it got mixed with the paste-I like the look so didn't worry. After all this dried I covered it on WOS to give the sparkle.

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is the very talented Lula. Her blog is full of inspiring projects. Take a look here.

Then pop over to our main blog at Inkspirational and see what the talented DT have created using our photo as inspiration.

I will enter this into:

Addicted to Stamps and More-photo, check out all those butterflies!


11 comments:

  1. As you can well imagine, I'm swooning over your gorgeous, textured butterfly! Inspired and inspiring!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been on a CAS mixed media mood! This makes me want to dig out my embossing paste. Stunning results with it! I also really like the layout, I have to remember this for future. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS and mixed media!... gorgeous! Love the effect of not cleaning your stencils. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Sandie ... all that fabulous texture, dimension and depth in one little butterfly ... it's brilliant! That 'happy accident' with the stencil worked a treat, the colour in the texture paste is deliciously subtle! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your butterfly is so beautiful! Love the subtile colours and the dimension! (And I saw the same challenge-combi...) Enjoy your sunday! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and I love the fabulous butterfly xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great techniques here - such a pretty look and wonderful texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card from that inspiration -- love that you used the bubbles in the coffee foam to inspire the embossing underneath your butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your embossed butterfly is stunning. Love that sparkle!! xx

    ReplyDelete

//