Saturday 25 August 2018

Inkspirational #168




O.K so how did I get to this card from the word snap?......

I pondered on this for weeks and then thought you 'snap' when you loose your temper or get angry. And what is a good thing to do to help you not to 'snap'....breathe and count to 10! Or if you do 'snap' then to calm yourself down.....breathe!!.....just like in a yoga or mediation class!

And why red and blue....the red colour of anger moving to the cool, calming colour of blue!

A 'CAS' card yes, but I promise you, a lot of thought went into its creation!!

Plus when I showed it to hubby to see if he could tell me how I went from snap to this card-he said the cut/torn part was like I had snapped the card.....nope I didn't see this until he mentioned it!!

I used the stamp set 'Breathe' from CAS-ual Fridays

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is Cathy. I have admired Cathy's creative and inspiring cards for many years now and am delighted she is joining us-take a look at her blog here

Then pop back to see what Cathy and the DT have made for you here

Enjoy!

I m going to add this to:

CASology-Sports-it is the perfect expression for 'Yoga'...going from that feeling of being stressed to the relation you feel as you breathe into a stretch and after a class!!


    

18 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Sandie, and thankyou for your kind words! Love your design and it is snapped apart! I have this set too and I love the sentiments, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Sandie and a beaustiful design. Like your hubby I thought at first it was snapped but I can see the logic behind your thinking xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours and I love how you plaid woth the flowing lines! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw what your hubby saw. But now I see what you meant as well. Cleverly designed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever. Thanks for playing along on the CASology Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the original take on the word! Great color combo and use of that stamp set!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever way to use the inspiration word. And so much meaning behind it. Love, love, love. The movement on this card is incredible. Totally understand how sometimes our CAS cards take a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I love how beautifully this card flows - it IS calming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandie, I love hearing about your thought process for this card and all the little details include - so brilliant! And bravo to hubby for finding the second snap in the card. :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CASology! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pure brilliance Sandie! Such a clever way to interpret 'snap' - just goes to show how different words inspire us. (Personally I'd have stamped a glass of wine which would always prevent me from snapping!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful movement on your card, Sandi!!! I love this and the way it came about! :)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us again over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes just breath and a beautiful card Sandie--hope you are doing well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the direction you took this Sandie (I believe it helped me in the direction I went~it must have buried in my mind after a glance)~beautiful movement!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that is one very clever interpretation of 'snap,' my lovely friend! Fabulous transition from the red heat of anger to the blue of calm...and 'breathe'...yes! I need to do that when I get riled up with cards that don't cooperate *grin*! Another CAS delight!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, this is so clever, Sandie ... those swooshes (both the stamps ones and the 'split') really do evoke that feeling of just breathing and relaxing into a yoga position ... brilliant use of the red to blue colour too! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful, Sandie! I love that you shared how your mind worked through the design and then - bonus - hubby pointed out another subconscious snap that you included in your design! Love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you thought this one through. I really struggled with it, lol. Your card does make me want to breathe and calm down :) Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete

//