Saturday 8 August 2020

You are Beautiful!

Hi All

It has been a long time since I made a card that wasn't for a DT...and actually it has been a long time since I made a card!

But today an idea popped into my when I saw the challenge 'Face' at Inkspirational.

I had sat on my craft desk a stencil that has never been used-from Funky Fossil designs. I love it but hadn't got to use it yet.


I decided to use grey as at this time many of us can't get our hair dyed-mine is nearly all grey! I will get my hair dyed when it is safe for me to go to the hairdressers but many people just want to let their hair grow naturally grey and this is wonderful and very brave.

It gave me a reminder to myself not to judge others by external beauty as our 'true' beauty comes from within!


Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful!

I will enter into:

AAA-along the edge-I deliberately used the stencil off the edge so I could enter this challenge (without option) 

Have a fun day xx

    

12 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful design. I like that the color only comes from the background. I’m not graying yet, but I think grey hair can look very pretty and trendy, it’s all about the styling and not the hair color in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and thanks for joining us at Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Sandie. Love the color scheme of yellow and grey, and also I really love that sentiment. So very true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful love the burst of yellow
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again a beautiful CAS card!I kove this face-stencil! My here has never been died and, you won't believe it, but is stil isn't totally gray; all kinds of colours; blond, white, dark-blond and some red and gray...makes a real natural colour and I enjoy seeing the proces and hope to end up with white/silver gray at the end... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here, here, Sandie! Love your card, and your reason behind it is oh so perfect timing. Great CAS card. My grays? I don't have a lot, but I wear mine with pride -- I earned every one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So chic and elegant, Sandie ... the grey is gorgeous with the soft, creamy yellow ... and yep, fabulous sentiment! Never died my hair ... wouldn't want it to turn purple or green or something ... they wouldn't suit!! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stencilling in grey gives this card such a dramatic flair! Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! (P.S. I'm one of those "going natural" thanks to the pandemic, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a stunning card. Thank you for joining the AAA Cards Challenge.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh well said my friend! I'm embracing the grey too! Fabulous use of that Funky Fossil stencil along the edge of your card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this very chic card. x

    ReplyDelete

//