Saturday 8 December 2012

Summer Chill.

Today I decided I needed a break from the Christmas Theme. I went as far away as possible and had some inky fun in the sun!
I am making a few calendars for gifts and need to do a different topper for each month. Today I went for August. The idea for this came from this photo from the challenge at Runway Inspired:


As soon as I saw this photo I knew I had to join in with this challenge. I just loved the bright orange and was struck by the winter mix and summer colours, her flippers (they are flippers aren't they?), goggles and it looks like she has a sun on her head. So there was quite a lot here for me to play with....well in my mind anyway!!

I also had wanted to play along with the 'make you mark' challenge at Addicted to Stamps basically because I haven't done any colouring for ages and I do find it relaxing when I have a go. Plus I was struck to see a 'Endless Summer' theme challenge at Southern Girls-forgetting that a lot of you crafters are in the middle of Summer. 
So there was a lot that was drawing me towards getting down to my 'Summer Fun' August calendar topper and here we are:


I used promakers to colour the image. The stamps are from verve and Little Claire Designs.

6 more months to do before Xmas, yes I know I need to get a move on!!

Thanks for popping by and have a chilled Saturday night x

10 comments:

  1. I'm loving your calender page, Sandie! The orange is so vibrant and your coloring looks great. Wish I could lay in the sun and not be looking at the snow storm outside... Thanks for joining us at ATSM Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous calendar page, Sandie, am liking the "chilled" theme and terrific colouring! Thank you for joining us at ATSM. Sye x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to ask: What is she wearing?! And how many people you know walk about town in flippers? Such curiosities aside, the calendar topper is screaming summer. it's beautiful..but you'd better get cracking. 6 more in about a fortnight...whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love, love your interpretation of the challenge photo! Such cool calendar topper for August! perfect! Thank you for playing along with us in the Runway Inspired Challenge, Sandie! Have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done a brilliant interpretation of their inspiration challenge, Sandie. I LOVE your calendar page and the image and colouring is so awesome! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay this is awesome!!! The perfect August photo!! can we head to the beach now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for your calendar page. Orange is such a fun and vibrant color - very energizing. Your colored page is great. Thanks for joining us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Sandie! I love your thoughts behind the design! GREAT idea of using the month of August! The colors and design are awesome!Thanks so much for playing with us at Runway Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute calendar page! Nice and relaxing looking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great project! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

//