Saturday 14 March 2015

Fusion Inspired!

edited to add....this was meant to go out tomorrow but I scheduled it wrong! So an early Mother's Day!!


To all the Mums out there-a very Happy Mother's Day.

To my Mum-you are the best Mum in the world, thanks for always being there, for your love and support and always making me smile!

My card today is not a card for Mother's Day but one that I think suits the day-lots of flowers.

This card was totally inspired by the amazing photo at Fusion this week. As soon as I saw the photo I knew I wanted to try to almost copy it using the Gerbera Uniko Stamp.

Here goes:


I first embossed one flower then did a lot of masking one flower at a time, embossing as I went. I then got out my water colours and tried to use colours very close to the colours in the photo. The bottom right flower I painted the tips of the petals first and then added more water nearer the centre to give it a fading look like in the photo. I was going to leave it with no sentiment as I wanted the flowers to be the star but heat embossing on vellum still let the flowers show through.

This is not my normal CAS style and did involve a lot of masking and mixing of paints but you know what I love the look. Plus it dies look like the idea I had in my head!

Here is the photo from Fusion that inspired my card:


I will also enter this into the 'Take it, Make it' AG goes-use a stamp challenge at Craft Stamper







16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Sandie! You have done a wonderful job with the masking and watercolouring and the vellum strip is lovely too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Sandie. I just love this stamp set. The colours are so soft and delicate.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're great at using colors on your CAS designs, so I wouldn't say this is more colorful than usual, but the colors certainly fill out far more space than normal. The white DP gives it a soft look, I will try that. Your card is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous embossing and water colouring! Perfect for the Fusion challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silver sentiment I will try this too Sandie
    look elegant
    and that coloring flower wooohooooo
    I ADORE THIS
    this is different than your CAS design but still full white space
    Love your card Sandie
    hugs, Monika
    PS: and hope you are feel well too I am feel ok only a bit cough hope winter will run soon hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Sandie !
    Perfect for mum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh gorgeous colours- just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it, Sandie ... yes, a little different from your usual style ... and still with gorgeous watercolouring, wonderful colours and heaps of yummy white space ... fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love the big flowers that you still managed to keep so "light"! Shows that you are good in more styles!! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours you've used on this ..... so pretty! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great masking and beautiful watercolours - love this Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, well done, Sandie! Your embossing and masking and the choice of Fusion colors all make this card divine! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. What Mum wouldn't love this card! So pretty and that flower stamp is perfect. And you did so well with your masking, have never tried it before. Hope your Mum had a wonderful day too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully watercoloured, my friend. Don't tell me it took you 5 minutes! lol
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, Sandie! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

//