Friday 2 November 2018

Arithmetic!!

Hi All

Here is my card for the latest 'Arithmetic' challenge at CASology


This was really hard to photograph so you could see all the detail but I am hoping you can!

When I saw this challenge I immediately thought that this sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays would be a fun take on the cue word. But didn't know how to design it.Then I remembered my blogging friend Jill had sent me some goodies that I might be able to play around with. The black base is actually an embossed number folder-IRL the numbers really jump up and give the card great dimension....I hope you can see it. The the next layer the numbers have been heat embossed in white on the white base...it has a lovely shine. Then I stamped the sentiment in versa mark ink and heat embossed in white.

IRL this card is so full of all this detail but still wonderfully CAS....well I love it.
Now I just have to find someone older than me!!

Enjoy your day!

I will enter this into:

Less is More-Dimension-the Embossing Folder gives a great way to make a CAS card have dimension....plus the sentiment is popped up on foam pads.
CAS Mix Up Challenge-November-embossing folder, stamping (versa marker) and my choice being-heat embossing.

         


12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that sentiment! I'm the youngest of my siblings, so this would fit right in to our yearly jabs :) Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is amazing. I absolutely love it. I can think of so many friends I could tauntingly send this card to. I think I need that stamp. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology. Love seeing you over there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. I love that sentiment. The white embossed numbers look so apt. A very subtle layer❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandie, you'll have us old hags lining up to receive this fun card!! My favorite of all sentiments is a simple number like: you're 40... and I'm not! I recently passed that on to my mother-in-law who asked about a card for a friend who was turning 80! Think she liked it? lol
    xx M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classic black and white card Sandie! I can see the dimension from your embossing folder around the edges of the black framing. It adds some extra dimension to your card. What a fun card to send to a girlfriend who is older. :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun sentiment. I almost bought this set... maybe next time. I can see the embossed background. Lovely dimension and CAS-tastic design. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect sentiment and great, subtle background! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandie, Such a fun sentiment on an beautifully CAS card. love the black and white color combination, adds to the CAS look. Thank you for playing along with us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Sometimes I find it soo hard to think of something... But this one is joyfull and funny! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great fun card - and one of my very fave colour combos. Simply Elegant black and white and a smile thrown in - what's not to like?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahahaha! I could hear my younger sister saying those words as I read your sentiment Sandie. I love this. Great use of the embossing folder too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fun sentiment for a b'day card! I can see the embossing on the black - great use of the numbers theme on your layers - thanks for playing along with the CAS Mix Up challenge!

    ReplyDelete

//