Saturday 30 November 2013

We 3 Kings!


Hello my crafting my friends,

Today I have a religious Christmas card today but I have used quite unconventional colours! I wanted to make a card using the 3 Kings stamp from Stamplorations and when I saw the colour combo this week at Colour Q, I decided these would make great colours for my King's robes. Using my copics I came up with this:

(click on the P to save to pinterest)

I am not the best at colouring but I do like having a go now and then and enjoyed blending my copics to create robes fit for my Kings.

I will enter this into the following challenges:
Colour Q-I used brown to colour their hair.
52 Christmas Card Throwdown-Christmas carol or Hymn
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/-Christmas song or carol
Word Art Wednesday-anything goes must be uplifting.
4 Crafty Chicks-Christmas
Aud Sentiments-any sentiment
Copic Marker Europe-anything Christmas (the first time I have been brave enough to enter this!)

     

17 comments:

  1. I think the kings robes are wonderfully colored and colorful. It is a great card with a lovely simple sentiment. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us this week.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love the vibrant color on the robes. You don't give yourself enough credit for your coloring skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the white on white with the splash of color on your image. You achieved nice texture with the embossed background and the elevated focal image - well done Sandie! Thanks for sharing your project in the “Any Sentiment” Challenge.
    ~ginny, DT for Aud Sentiments
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, clean and simple and elegant. I love the saying and the image is wonderful! Thanks for playing our Christmas Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    Leanne DT@4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring, Sandie! This is one gorgeous CAS card. Love, love, love -- and sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and gorgeous coloring I'm a little intimidated by my copies but find it quite therapeutic . You did an amazing job

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, vibrant robes and beautifully coloured, Sandie ... I love the simple sentiment ... so perfect! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Sandie! I LOVE the image and I adore the sentiments you put with it! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: We've got a blog hop/DT call going on at House of Cards--I'd LOVE for you to join us! :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful colors, you did great with the robes! I love the modern look combined with such a traditional image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Sandie, love your coloring! So glad you played with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply adore-able! 3 wise men on bended knees...so unusual. They're usually upright, bearing gifts. Love this version.
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely design clean and classy and love the splash of colour on the kings robes. Thank you for joining in with Allsorts challenge this week Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. We Three Kings of Orient are! Lovely card, clean, simple and a great take on the Carol theme. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at Word Art Wednesday and have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a terrific job of coloring Sandie. I don't really think that there is anything that you don't do well. Gorgeous CAS card with those colors. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colouring Sandie! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete

//