Sunday 23 November 2014

Fusion and Festive Friday inspired!

Hello my friends,

My card today was inspired by the photos at Festive Friday and Fusion.



Can you believe it-I have patterned paper, die cuts, glitter card, embossing and a decorative background, all in one card! Yes, I really did make this! It turned out completely differently than I imagined but once I started I just kept getting different ideas and I have even followed the sketch at Fusion-not done very often! 

Here is where the inspiration came from:

Fusion-the doilies in the bacground, the silver, the music paper and based on the sketch

Festive Friday-the presents wrapped in pink and Kraft, the stars hanging on the tree-even my pink DSP has baby stars, the touches of gold-my sentiment.

I will also enter this into the 'Krafty Christmas' at The Card Concept. I am struggling with what style this is?? I would say it is clean and layered however not enough white space for this really...so have I made a 'Shabby, Vintage' card-doilies and the music sheet are kind of vintage-The Card Concept DT would love to know your thoughts!

I will also enter into Festive 48-Any Xmas card

The stamps I have used are all from Uniko-'decorative doilies' and 'Love Label-Christmas'

An unusual card for me but really fun to make on a dreary Friday afternoon and quite surprisingly, I like it.

              


20 comments:

  1. I love your card too Sandie and it's always fun to try new things! Your colour combo is so pretty too - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink with the kraft is fabulous, Sandie ... and with the yummy, shimmery silver it's just gorgeous! Isn't it fun to push our own bounderies from time to time! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! Rocking all those elements together in an amazing still CAS card! Love it Sandie! So happy to see you at both Festive Friday and Fusion! Talked to my mum yesterday and they were all in the car yelling at the Garmin! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun, fun card, Sandie! Awesome color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is different from your usual style, but I think it still has a touch of Sandie. Clean, contemporary and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card...I love it when you can make just one card for several different challenges. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. woooww so many challenges for a card..and I adore pink on kraft ...never try it but you made it so sweet Sandie...nice dots pink frame there...Lovely done my friend..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fun! I like the off-center design with those bold stars against the kraft. Very cute!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous design!! I love the images over the kraft card stock and the rounded edges! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so soft and elegant :) love the design. Thank you for sharing with Fusion !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes it is an unusual style for you but I love it. The pink, kraft, silver combo is really different and it works great. Love the music embossing on the sentiment, the spotty edge and the glitttery stars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty - I love the contrast of the simple kraft and the sparkly silver! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super that you have combined the pink with the kraft! The stars make it super festive; an original and beautiful card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay you. Love that pink. And those snowflakes. Congrats on your DT position at Uniko. You will be great. Lucky Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Sandie, I'm on a tour in your blog and just clicked "older post" from the previous one and was all "no now I did something wrong, this isn't Sandie's blog anymore". :) How fun you made something so layered for a change! It looks like you had lots of fun when making this. I love that doily stamp. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pink and kraft? Unlikely pair but I LOVE that combo. The silver gives it a festive glow... perfect!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kraft, silver and pink = one eye-catching combination, especially with the images you've chosen. Whatever it may be 'defined' as, I think it's just STUNNING!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, SO pretty!!! I LOVE those delicate doilies in the background!!! Thanks so much for being a part of Festive Friday this challenge...and all year long! We have appreciated your participation and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you popped up the stars Sandie!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at FUSION, such an amazing card and I sure hope you join us again, it is a true pleasure to drop by!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous layers, love the pink Sandie! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION, hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

//