Saturday 8 November 2014

Inkspirational #69

Time for our Word Prompt challenge at Inkspirational. This week we have:


And here is my take:



I actually got the idea for this from the decor at my Brother's Company's 25th Anniversary. My niece and sister in law designed the decor and it was amazing. I felt like I was at the Oscars! I came away full of ideas for cards and this is one. The room was surrounded by black cloth with sparkling lights just like my embossed corner of the card. I have embossed the die cut thank you with orange powder and fussy cut around it to so that it showed more on the card.
I have another card to share soon also inspired by the decor at this party.

Our Guest Designer this week is Rocky. Her blog here is a 'must see', you will be inspired!

Check out what Rocky has made for us this week plus the gems are DT have created here

Have fun getting all shiny! 

I will enter this into Virginia's view challenge-metallic

20 comments:

  1. Sandie...spectacular ....love the idea black n silver and orange die cut..the color combo is adorable..I must join this challenge...maybe CASEing your card too...may I?really love the combo of black silver n orange...hugs..Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how you were inspired...all the shimmer on the black is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to get loads of inspiration from the event . I love the random splashy feel of the embossing and the way it stands out on the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, embossed silver shimmery splatter ... how stunning, Sandie ... so striking against the bold black! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauty!! Love the glitter on the black background --- very creative! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a cool background Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bold look of the card with the dark background and the orange sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun to read that you can be inspired by a lot you see everywhere, just like me... This looks great! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, Sandie. So bold and dramatic yet so wonderfully CAS. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a type of design that will be easy to do in other colors as well and with that give this design a completely different look. This color combo gives your card a an elegant and cool look, perfect for a man or teenager as well a woman. Very versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, so very striking!! Love the silver splashes and the orange really pops on that dark background - fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great way to incorporate a "shine"! I love how inspiration can come from so many places. I like the silver on black. Great card, Sandie!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...way to make a card shine! I love your wonderful style.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how your creative mind works, Sandie! FABULOUS design with the black card stock and glitter! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A brilliant card Sandie !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Running late with my comments, which I'll blame entirely on being with my family, and spending time with a rambunctious niece and nephew. Your card is gorgeous, and if it mirrors the decor at the anniversary celebration, oh, how truly amazing that must have been. Inspired, inspiring take on *shine*
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is definitely a grown up sophisticated card. Well done, my friend.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  18. That background looks so dramatic, what a great idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun inspiration & I love your card!

    ReplyDelete

//