Thursday 13 November 2014

Time Out reminder and Festive Friday.

A very Happy Friday Eve,

I am here to remind you that you still have time to enter our 'Home Sweet Home' photo challenge at Time Out Challenges.

First my card:


And our photo to inspire you:


I have again focused on the wreath but this time used a doily stamp to represent my wreath. I decided to go with the maroon card base when I saw the photo this week at Festive Friday-the maroon ribbon reminded me that I hadn't used this colour in any Holiday cards this year. And the doily idea was inspired by the Festive Friday DT member Geri-I loved her take on the photo.

So I guess you can say my card was a joint Time Out/Festive Friday combo!

Are you ready to take some TIME OUT and join in the fun at TIME OUT Challenges?

Here is the photo from Festive Friday


I will also enter this into:

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge-keep it flat
52 Christmas Card Throwdown-colour challenge-I have red and green gems and red sentiment and my doily is sparking snow-touches of silver
Edited to add-I will enter this into CASology-Festive I thought you had to make a tag but no I didn't read that right, just some festive fun!

25 comments:

  1. Love your use of a doily stamp as a festive decoration. A real beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the detail on the doily. Gorgeous! And...love seeing you at Festive Friday too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rich colour of your card base, Sandie and great idea to use a doily as a wreath....I may well borrow that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your white doily pops against the red card base, and your sequins are so pretty, Sandie! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love that white doily on red BG :) vellum is a fab touch !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful doily stamp, feels very Christmasy with your choice of colors. The sentiment on vellum is a great design detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, well done, Sandie! I love that doily for a wreath! It really makes a striking and elegant card!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and gorgeous! Love the rich red! Thanks for joining us at CASology and Festive Friday, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning! I really like the silver doily you've used for the wreath and the pretty touch of bling! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sobre et classique mais si élégante Sandie, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that doily stamp is so intricate and it stamps perfectly. Love it with the dark red too, such a perfect Xmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhhh beautiful Sandie! LOVE that focal doily! thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT. Hope all is well with you my friend. hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple, dramatic ad so striking, Sandie ... gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So stylish, Sandie! I love the red card base and this stamp is stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow Sandie this is simple...and this is beautiful and this is adorable..love the bold red on your card and that stamp really to die for I want to have it...which stamp company is it...I just joining your lovely Timeout challenge...hope you will like my scene..I inspired from the Picture on that challenge blog...
    Happy Sunday my friend and see you soon on my Blog...big hugs..Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. So super classy Sandie. Love the colour scheme and striking simplicity.
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Sandie, very very classy. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very festive! Love the colour contrast - so striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous, Sandie! I love how the white pops off the red! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful, delicate doily! The vellum sentiment piece is so perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely stunning. That combo and the simplicity.. just so elegant!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love using the doily for a wreath, Sandie--gorgeous, elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful card! I love the vellum! So elegant! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card! I really like Christmas cards. I make my own Merry Christmas Wishes Cards too, but yours are real work of art!

    ReplyDelete

//