Thursday 15 October 2015

Time Out #42

A very Happy Friday Eve,

Time for our new challenge at Time Out Challenges. It is our photo challenge and here is the photo:

Spray paint dollar store glass candle sticks black and add pumpkins for Halloween decoration

So what is it here that inspires you to get crafty.

Here is what I created. Shock, horror....no stamping but patterned paper and die cuts...goodness, did I really make this!! (yes, yes, honestly I did)



I thought about this for a while and was going to go with the colours and chevrons plus I did want to use patterned paper. I had a look through my stash and found this paper that was given to me by Virginia when we met up in London. I found this die cut in my stash also. I decided on this CAS layout when I saw the sketch at Sovushka Slavia.

Our Guest Designer this week is TaeEun. Check out her blog Rainbow in November, it is fabulous.

TaeEun and our DT have created some stunning cards-check them out here.

Time to take TIME OUT to create.

Have fun x


11 comments:

  1. Oh...what a great way to be inspired by the image...gorgeous card Sandie! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to use what you have in your stash. Love those bold chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your twist on this inspiration photo. Another tip and I am learning again. How fun to have a card with no stamping. That's what ended up for me too with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So here you managed yo follow a sketch AND a photo. Clever! I really hope to be able to play along this time, because I've already got so many ideas from this photo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. clever to choose another color with that photo inspiration Sandie
    I love your interpretation and that Photo Inspiration so cool...
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandie, perfect take on both challenges Time Out and Sovushka Slavia. I think bold patterns look best with simple sketches. Thanks you very much for sharing your creation with us at Sovushka Slavia. -Hugs, Ksenija P.S. thank you for your wonderful comment to my card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job using what you had on hand! I love the colors and your CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crisp and fresh and fabulous, Sandie ... love how you've angled the sentiment to mimic the chevrons! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous take on the challenge - the bold chevron pattern makes a great base for the sentiment! Wonderful use of patterned paper too - I always struggle with that-and you've given me a new idea of how to do it. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crisp CAS design, Sandie! Love the retro look with the chic color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Thank you for playing with us! Sovushka Slavia blog.

    ReplyDelete

//