Monday 12 October 2015

Muse #137

A very Happy Monday,

I seem to be a bit hooked on the challenges at Muse Card Club at the moment. I think what I like is that each week the cards are so different that I find it quite inspiring to try something new.

This week the very talented Michele challenged us to use patterned paper. Like Michele I am a CAS designer and using DSP is, well, a real challenge for me! However encouraged by her use of adding her own little touch of stamping to a card covered in DSP, I gave it go.

Here is what I came up with:


I got this paper from Virginia when I met up with her this year and I have been wanting to use it for ages. I knew I wanted to add something to the centre but just wasn't sure what. A hunt through my stash and I came across this fun Uniko explosion stamp. I stamped this and fussy cut it out, coloured it and stamped the 'wow' in the centre. I used the closet colours I had to match the paper. I added the explosion stamp onto the card using foam pads and curled the edges to give more dimension. This was really fun to make.

I know this is really different for me but I like it and think it will be good for a congratulations card.

Here is Michele's card:


21 comments:

  1. Well done Sandie, this is so much fun. The wow stamp and DP are the perfect combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEE!! I knew you had it in you, Sandie!!! Now everybody take a look at Sandie's card ... see how she totally connected her stamp to her paper? Like my typewriter to my DP? FAB U LOUS congrats card!!! Thanks so much for stretching your wings, Sandie!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Muse challenges, even though I'm not able to join every time I go over and check all the cards, there's so much inspiration to be found there and I ponder about a possible design myself, even if don't necessarily have time to make one for the challenge. I know using dsp is out if your comfort zone, but is think you made a great card, different but still with a touch of Sandie to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZERS Sandie! When this popped up in my read list I never imagined it would be yours! Fun, fab and striking and certainly different to your usual CAS designs. A perfect take on Michele's Muse card. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Sandie. That pattern paper is gorgeous and I love that WOW in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, Sandie. That pattern paper is gorgeous and I love that WOW in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic - you have the same retro feel as Michele and you've expanded your comfort zone - I love the movement and energy of this! So glad you joined us at Muse this week Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely awesome...I love, love, love how much movement comes through. It almost looks 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done you!! Your card looks like you use dp everyday! Love this card. It really has a "Wow" factor! Great colors, and even though there's lots of color and movement, there's still a sense of CASness to it. Great card. Love Muse too!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandie you have a great DP.and so bright happy and cherry this card...great interpretation from Michelle's card..I am also not buy much DP.hehe...great card sweet friend...hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Proof that Michele is so totally inspiring!! Such a fabulous card, Sandie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic! Super wow!! I love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, man, this is really explosive pp, Sandie! Your card makes me smile from ear-to-ear!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. In the words of Marvel comics... kapow! wham! bam!....what an awesome card, Sandie!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wondered how you had done this when i saw it Sandie - I never thought of DP! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much fun, Sandie ... love the sense of energy from that fab pattern ... the 'wow' is perfect with it! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow is right! That is what I thought when I saw this card! I love the fun print. Looks like you should use designer paper more often. =)
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, wow, wow and WOW! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great to see that you let yourself be challenges to go out of your comfi-zone! And it is surprising to see what you come up with! This is such a stricking design! I would see; keep them coming... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Sandie this just pops !!I'm like you dp is a challenge in itself but you rocked this challenge!x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hola Sandie, thank you for your comment.
    WOW!!!, fantastic concept on your card, ground breaking! i love it! very vibrant card!
    Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

    ReplyDelete

//